U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2017, 12:36 AM

3,107 posts, read 1,286,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by exit82 View Post
OMG this thread is like me talking to my 98 year old mother- but she's 98-
HA HA HA HA HA! This made me seriously laugh out loud. I can relate. Only mine is just 78.

Old 04-10-2017, 01:45 AM

3,693 posts, read 1,602,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aredhel View Post
No, it doesn't need to be an option. Most people figure out pretty quickly how to search for movies/TV shows they might like and save them to their queue. And by rating the stuff they watch, they make the Netflix display smarter over time, so the selection of titles they see when they first log into the site becomes less random.

When you visit Redbox, do you expect it to show you only DVDs you like?
Lol. Still COULD be an option for those who will NEVER watch that junk.

These are not hard and fast rules.

If the Netflix 'program' or 'application' can decide what kind of movies people like by shows watched or/ratings then I don't know what the problem is.

Its 2017. Its about choice.

Old 04-10-2017, 07:10 AM

1,181 posts, read 1,202,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Lol. Still COULD be an option for those who will NEVER watch that junk.

These are not hard and fast rules.

If the Netflix 'program' or 'application' can decide what kind of movies people like by shows watched or/ratings then I don't know what the problem is.

Its 2017. Its about choice.
Dude...are you like 100? Seriously, just search for stuff you like and Netflix will start suggesting things similar to it and before you know all of the "junk" you don't want to see won't be there.

Old 04-14-2017, 03:22 PM

223 posts, read 52,766 times
Reading this thread is like hitting your head against a brick wall. Over and over.

Some people will never get it.

Old 04-16-2017, 08:38 AM

10,211 posts, read 5,239,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Needs to be an option.

Just like how I can delete programs and files on a computer.
Again, Netflix has over 100,000 titles. Assuming that you had no interest in half those titles (which is probably a vast underestimate) and assuming it takes you 10 seconds on average of considering each title to determine whether or not you like it (given load times, really no more time than scanning the title and looking at the title-image - again, probably a serious underestimate of the time actually required), then it would take you an entire month of 12-hour days working seven-days/week to delete those titles.

Netflix probably assumes that no one is insane enough to want to do that. Besides that, as a business model it would make zero sense for Netflix to allow users to permanently disable their ability to see certain titles.

What part of THIS IS HOW THE NORMAL WORLD FUNCTIONS do you not understand?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts