U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 02:59 PM

2,902 posts, read 947,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nyxStation View Post
Twitter is fun for trolling and getting opinions on topics. the Medias where people show off pictures of themselves and post about their problems is lame to me so I dont bother those.
I never liked the look of twitter and the fact that you can only write a certain amount of words.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2018, 05:31 PM

89 posts, read 37,571 times
Anyone transferred to CD from expirenceproject.com or panicsurvivor.com, other social sites that ceased to exist?

Old 03-27-2018, 12:04 PM

9 posts, read 7,549 times
I’m not sure what is meant by “overrated”. If millions and millions of people are using it every single day, if not every hour, then it’s probably not overrated. I’m on FB, but I’ve narrowed down the number of people I follow, simply because they post so much junk that I find myself wasting time just looking for something - anything(!) - worthwhile. I don’t care to see what you ate for dinner last night and still won’t care when tonight comes around. On the plus side I’ve made money off what I post for my part time business, so I really can’t complain.

I don’t post on Twitter, but I do follow 4-5 entities during the fire season here in California. I don’t follow people on Twitter.

I pretty much use YouTube to educate myself (when working on my car), and to catch up on NHL highlights from the day before.

All in all I use social media almost everyday, but if it wasn’t there anymore I would be heartbroken. Radio on the other hand . . .

Old 03-27-2018, 06:40 PM
Status: "Cruising down the coast goin' 'bout 99." (set 29 days ago)

615 posts, read 210,663 times
When I quit Facebook, my life got better and I started liking people again

Old 03-27-2018, 06:42 PM

20,071 posts, read 13,665,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilly9244 View Post
When I quit Facebook, my life got better and I started liking people again
Exactly.

Old 09-17-2018, 11:37 PM

28 posts, read 2,925 times
Yes, we can say that it is overrated. We gave too much attention to these social media channels. One must know the better use of it. Why would we go far away and addicted to it?

Old 09-18-2018, 08:20 AM

Cant be overrated if it led to the decreased activity of city data

Old 09-18-2018, 10:14 AM

1,997 posts, read 2,690,838 times
For someone my age (40s) it can seem that way, but I grew up without it, I developed my friendships in a different way and now, it's basically an easy way to keep track of and occasionally say hi to my friends. There are some people in my circle that do put a little too much emphasis on their social media presence, but it isn't really common.

However, for young folks, it's important, it has become the way they communicate and socialize. One is judged by their social media persona, and expected to participate. It's easy for someone my age to say that kids waste too much time or are too concerned with their social media image, but we weren't raised in a time when it was so common. It's how kids share things about themselves, it's how they develop their image, it's how they socialize, meet new people and communicate. A young person without social media is an outcast.

It's radically different from the way pretty much everyone grew up until recently. It will, and is, changing the way advertisers work, it's changing how campaigns are run, how ideas are shared and how we keep in touch with people we meet.

Old 09-18-2018, 06:19 PM

420 posts, read 210,797 times
Hate to break the news to everyone but..............THIS IS SOCIAL MEDIA!!!

Old 09-18-2018, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBNCHI View Post
Hate to break the news to everyone but..............THIS IS SOCIAL MEDIA!!!
Social networking
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts