Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If he's not in jail, will Weinstein ever be back making movies
Yes - eventually the scandal will fade and he'll be back 15 25.86%
No - He's done. He's just to radioactive to get another chance 43 74.14%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2018, 12:36 PM

15,754 posts, read 14,358,967 times

Advertisements

The Harvey Weinstein scandal broke last October. It is now March. Several prosecutors were trying to work up sexual assault / rape cases against him. But so far nothing has been unsealed, and he hasn't been arrested for anything.

Right now, he's a special kind of radioactive in Hollywood. But he's not in jail. I'm figuring if he doesn't get arrested and convicted of anything, given a few years, he'll be back in the business. The guy has a proven track record making successful, profitable movies. At some point, when the scandal isn't quite so fresh in everyone's memory, and some studio is desperate enough for a hit, they'll green light a project he pitches, and then he'll be back in business.

So, that's the question. Is he done for good, or will he be back in a few, or even several, years?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2018, 04:35 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,373,767 times
While he might have the money to avoid going to jail, potential lawsuits are still likely. Given this level of publicity, I doubt that he has much of a chance of coming back without great scorn. His film career is effectively over.

Old 03-05-2018, 06:07 PM

29,431 posts, read 22,337,909 times
No worries, he's just biding his time until it all blows over.

People, especially Hollywood morons, have convenient amnesia about these things. Soon enough we're going to have the lifetime award to Harvey and a standing ovation.

Never ever overestimate the decency of people especially Hollywood idiots.

Old 03-05-2018, 08:11 PM

2,951 posts, read 2,497,577 times
^^^ do you mean as opposed to regular people morons who know nothing about the industry.

His company is in debt for millions, if not billions. When they recently tried to do an asset sale, which is worth a fortune, a states attorney general stepped in and NO. Those assets will be used to pay off lawsuits.

Here's a good rule of thumb, Things take time, everybody has to cross t's and dot I's correctly.

Stick a fork in him, he's done. He's getting divorced, life sucks for Harvey now. No one would be nuts enough to work with him. He's as done as Cosby.

Now we probably will hear about his brother starting another company, who has stayed away from this mess - so far.

How do I know this, work in the industry. Some things do get forgiven but not Harvey.
He's the poster child for decades and decades of bad behavior, some he had nothing to do with.

Last edited by foundapeanut; 03-05-2018 at 08:21 PM..

Old 03-06-2018, 10:48 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,844,212 times
Kobe Bryant won an oscar this year. Seems anything is possible.

Old 03-06-2018, 11:35 AM

15,754 posts, read 14,358,967 times
In 3-5 years, with that mean anything? Most producers start with nothing, and get other people (studios) to fund their films. If down the line, he puts together a good looking project, I bet he would be able to get it in front of studio bosses. Despite his sexual antics, he has has a track record for making profitable movies. If a studio needs a hit, that will likely count more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundapeanut View Post
^^^ do you mean as opposed to regular people morons who know nothing about the industry.

His company is in debt for millions, if not billions. When they recently tried to do an asset sale, which is worth a fortune, a states attorney general stepped in and NO. Those assets will be used to pay off lawsuits.

Here's a good rule of thumb, Things take time, everybody has to cross t's and dot I's correctly.

Stick a fork in him, he's done. He's getting divorced, life sucks for Harvey now. No one would be nuts enough to work with him. He's as done as Cosby.

Now we probably will hear about his brother starting another company, who has stayed away from this mess - so far.

How do I know this, work in the industry. Some things do get forgiven but not Harvey.
He's the poster child for decades and decades of bad behavior, some he had nothing to do with.

Old 03-06-2018, 11:44 AM

24,204 posts, read 19,038,282 times
Not to diminish the assault against Kobe Bryant's victim but there are almost 100 accusations against Harvey Weinstein. And he's 65 years old. He's not coming back.

Old 03-06-2018, 11:45 AM

77,756 posts, read 59,900,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
While he might have the money to avoid going to jail, potential lawsuits are still likely. Given this level of publicity, I doubt that he has much of a chance of coming back without great scorn. His film career is effectively over.
Weinstein is toast because he's the poster child.

Others like Spacey etc.....they'll be back just like Mel Gibson.

Old 03-06-2018, 11:52 AM

77,756 posts, read 59,900,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasW View Post
I'm not a fan of his, just that he cheated on his wife with a gal with mental issues and it went side-ways.

Charges were quickly dropped and he settled a civil suit to make the bad publicity go away.

It was more like the "matress girl" case than what Weinstein stands accused of.

Hmmm, probably most comparable to the comedian Aziz Ansari. (forgive my spelling)

Old 03-06-2018, 12:10 PM

16,344 posts, read 12,314,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasW View Post
HUGE difference between Kobe's offenses and Weinstein's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts