U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2018, 03:24 PM

12,684 posts, read 11,174,084 times

Advertisements

I just had my first reserved seating experience today. It’d be nice if there was an app or something where you could change your seating selection once you’re inside the theater in case you decide that you’d rather sit somewhere else due to noisy people next to you, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2018, 05:44 PM

1 posts, read 105 times
I HATE the idea of 'reserved seating'. I only go to movies a couple of times each year and had my first experience with it yesterday. I was running late and presented with the task of pre-selecting a seat at the box office. I had never heard of such a thing. I am handicapped and it hurts to stand for any additional time so it prolonged the time I had to stand there while the employee explained it to me as I had never heard of such a stupid thing. Now I get into the theater and it was dark, too dark to see my seat assignment on the ticket. I took the first seat in the handicap section, hoping it wasn't already assigned. I noticed others having trouble finding their seats and disrupting patrons already seated to find their assigned seat. There was no usher to help. I can see potential for trouble with latecomers disrupting everyone just because they want the privilege of arriving late to avoid the commercials and previews --- to HELL with the people they have to crawl over. I prefer open seating so if I am stuck by inconsiderate talkers, texters, people who have to chew loudly and rattle bags as they stuff their faces, snorers, and kids, I have the option to MOVE. People are already rude enough without feeling 'entitled' to start a fight just because someone may have sat in the wrong seat. If someone is that particular about getting a specific seat, let them come early!!! I will not go to theaters with reserved seating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or