U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2018, 06:34 AM

2,028 posts, read 1,582,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoGuy View Post
Of course he is a comic genius, one of the very best. I have come to think that he is also a real and regular genius.

His last series "Comedians in Cars getting Coffee" is now on Netflix. There goes a week...binge watching. Almost glad they don't carry Seinfeld. Got stuff to do.
I, too, just started watching CICGC and am liking it. Admittedly I had to watch a couple of episodes to get into it... I find that they are either really funny, or borderline not funny/very awkward (probably intentional given that it's Seinfeld we're talking about here).

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2018, 09:44 AM

4,909 posts, read 1,951,887 times
Lucky? Yes but also hard working. He definitely made a great deal of his luck. A genius? Doubtful but a smart guy no doubt.

Old 04-08-2018, 07:13 PM

29,091 posts, read 8,659,118 times
He's smart enough to stay away from college campuses.

Old 04-13-2018, 02:55 PM

348 posts, read 176,259 times
Genius in the sense that he has fooled some people into thinking he is funny. He''s by far the least funny person I've seen.

Old 04-13-2018, 02:59 PM

5,608 posts, read 2,187,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBNCHI View Post
Genius in the sense that he has fooled some people into thinking he is funny. He''s by far the least funny person I've seen.
Well, there are people who don't like chocolate pie, and people who think Beethoven was talentless, so yes, you can take a seat over there by them.

??

Old 04-14-2018, 05:43 AM

2,236 posts, read 1,103,826 times
If it wasn't for Larry David who, IMHO. is a real comic genius, he may not have hit the big time. He most likely would have been successful.

Old 04-14-2018, 08:00 AM

4,909 posts, read 1,951,887 times
He was already successful as a comic before Seinfeld and had hit the big time as such.

Old 04-14-2018, 06:28 PM

4,595 posts, read 7,405,509 times
I think Jerry, and Larry David, are genius's of human nature and observation humor. We all see these things they find humor in, but they "frame them" in a way that's so honest it's hilarious. Love it.

Old 04-18-2018, 07:48 AM

2,598 posts, read 1,302,418 times
Definitions of genius vary. Some require the top 1% while others allow the top 2%. My own opinion is that top 2% is adequate. I also tend to believe that various dysfunctions are more common in the lofty air of the top 1%.

So I think Seinfeld is a genius...occupying the thin air where the top 2% lurks.

My next question regards the relative unhappiness that he reports. My prognosis is that he enjoys almost no freedom at all. His life is confined to a small 4' mental cage until he gets one of his cars out on the open road by himself.

The absolute lack of freedom is a problem visited upon the rich and the famous. Some resort to "solutions" such as drugs or seclusion. His solution is to cash in on the fame but the basic problem persists....he has almost no freedom.

Old 04-22-2018, 08:23 PM

38,228 posts, read 37,208,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoGuy View Post
Definitions of genius vary. Some require the top 1% while others allow the top 2%. My own opinion is that top 2% is adequate. I also tend to believe that various dysfunctions are more common in the lofty air of the top 1%.

So I think Seinfeld is a genius...occupying the thin air where the top 2% lurks.

My next question regards the relative unhappiness that he reports. My prognosis is that he enjoys almost no freedom at all. His life is confined to a small 4' mental cage until he gets one of his cars out on the open road by himself.

The absolute lack of freedom is a problem visited upon the rich and the famous. Some resort to "solutions" such as drugs or seclusion. His solution is to cash in on the fame but the basic problem persists....he has almost no freedom.

It would literally drive me insane. It's bad enough in my own mundane life.

As far as Seinfeld, I think he's okay as a standup, but the show itself was phenomenal. Outstanding.

EDIT: SeaOfGrass posting under Chowhound's name.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts