U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Statements Most Closely Reflect Your Opinion of Disney (choose up to 3)
I hate Disney corporation but I like all their media content and the theme parks. 1 6.67%
Disney corporation is wonderful. I like all their media content and the theme parks. 4 26.67%
I hate Disney corporation. I like all their media content but not the theme parks. 1 6.67%
Disney corporation is wonderful. I like all their media content but not the theme parks. 1 6.67%
I hate Disney corporation. I like the theme parks but none of their media content. 2 13.33%
Disney corporation is wonderful. I like the theme parks but none of their media content. 0 0%
I hate Disney corporation. I like some of their media content and the theme parks. 0 0%
Disney corporation is wonderful. I like some of their media content and the theme parks. 2 13.33%
I hate Disney corporation. I like a little of their media content and the theme parks. 2 13.33%
Disney corporation is wonderful. I like a little of their media content and the theme parks. 1 6.67%
I hate Disney corporation. I like some of their media content but not the theme parks. 1 6.67%
Disney corporation is wonderful. I like some of their media content but not the theme parks. 0 0%
I hate Disney corporation because they destroyed the Star Wars franchise. 3 20.00%
I hate Disney corporation because they drove the price of cable TV sky high with the tactic of forced bundling. 2 13.33%
I try to boycott Disney because I feel they are way too powerful in the entertainment industry. 3 20.00%
I hate Disney because they are a corrupt corporation that bribes politicians in Congress to expand copyright law. 0 0%
I hate Disney because they are extremely greedy and overprice their products. 2 13.33%
I try to boycott Disney because they are scummy and toxic promoting questionable values towards children. 1 6.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2018, 03:57 PM

3,040 posts, read 1,541,329 times

Advertisements

Disney is most definitely a horrible company. They make some great movies and I even liked some of the original live action Disney Channel shows but they have a dark reputation for good reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2018, 06:49 PM
Status: " America's baseball team -- roar, Tigers, ROAR" (set 9 hours ago)

10,647 posts, read 6,210,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
Anyone who thinks "who cares" is blind to Disney's legal abuses. A true libertarian would be appalled by the power that Disney has grabbed over the years. There are laws in place solely because Disney paid off politicians.
You're probably either too young, or did not grow up in a culture rural and provincial enough to recall when some (admittedly, just a minority) of the local hayseeds approved of Disney simply because of the "absence of Jewish influence"; that era is, of course, long gone, but it serves to remind us that too much of the entertainment industry was geared more to skirting the prejudices and "hot buttons" of the easily-offended. The end result is usually a lowest-common-denominator product -- but one that has wide appeal and therefore, can command a higher price.

Having come of age in the late 50's/early 60's, many of my favorite films are those which met the challenge of television by dealing with subject matter suited to a more mature audience, without sinking to a level many would have found offensive. Jack Warner was a master at this; Disney wouldn't have had the guts.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 04-04-2018 at 07:24 PM..

Old 04-08-2018, 07:13 PM

12,306 posts, read 13,981,336 times
My answer's not on the list. I like the Disney animation/movies/theme parks created by Walt. I don't think the Disney of today has the same *magic* or innocence that I enjoyed as a child.

Old 04-16-2018, 11:39 AM

2,163 posts, read 1,503,927 times
I despise the thought of a cheesy theme park and my kids have never been into the kiddie cartoon movies but that doesn't mean I hate Disney. I didn't vote as there was no "I don't partake in anything Disney but I don't hate it".

Old 04-16-2018, 07:10 PM

274 posts, read 37,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
Please share you honest opinions of Disney Corporation and its products and services.

In my opinion there is so much social pressure to experience Disney that most people are unaware of the corporate activities conducted by Disney that have harmed people and our society.

(1) Cable TV prices are too expensive because Disney introduced forced channel bundling to extort money out of the cable companies. Cable subscribers ended up paying for that cost.

(2) Every time the copyright protection for Mickey Mouse and other Disney icons reach expiration, Disney has paid off politicians in Congress to have the copyright laws lengthened. Copyrights were originally 17 years long and now due to Disney's corruption it is life of the creator plus 70 years. There is a benefit to having copyrights expire as other can use the public domain to further enhance products and services. I think the copyright laws should be rolled back to the original term of 17 years.

(3) in the last fifteen years or so Disney has been buying up other content: Marvel, Pixar, Lucasfilm, and soon to be the FOX Studios. It is debatable whether these other entities have become better or worse under Disney ownership.

Let the debate begin.
Let what debate begin?? How is the Disney company any different from any Other successful companies? They are successful, they buy other companies...so what? Move on!

Old Today, 10:43 AM

72 posts, read 17,866 times
I dont think it makes Disney evil because they are trying to grow by buying other companies. You shouldnt be concerned about what they are doing unless it is directly affecting you and you can do something to change it. If neither of these criteria relates to you then you are just wasting your time being upset about silly things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or