U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-09-2018, 08:06 PM
 
8,544 posts, read 11,876,258 times
Reputation: 3100

Advertisements

I wonder whatever became of Dawn Lyn. She played "Dodie" on My Three Sons, the young adopted daughter of Fred MacMurray's second wife in the later seasons.

She had amazingly photogenic face. She was also the younger sister of another child actor, Leif Garrett. He had a lot more fame than she did, though. He was a kind of teen idol of the 1970's. I think they are both pretty cool.

Has anyone seen her in anything else besides My Three Sons?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-10-2018, 11:11 AM
 
Location: Pullman, WA
224 posts, read 163,795 times
Reputation: 220
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dawn_Lyn
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-10-2018, 06:41 PM
 
8,544 posts, read 11,876,258 times
Reputation: 3100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upthewazzu View Post
Yes, I read that after I posted this. That horror movie she made with her brother is on youtube.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-10-2018, 06:58 PM
 
Location: Michigan
1,784 posts, read 1,146,533 times
Reputation: 3933
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Yes, I read that after I posted this. That horror movie she made with her brother is on youtube.

What? Terrified, they stare into a mirror at each other, and finally realize it's a WINDOW! AAAAAHHHH!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2018, 01:39 PM
 
Location: Upstate NY
30,408 posts, read 9,092,686 times
Reputation: 28951
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
I wonder whatever became of Dawn Lyn. She played "Dodie" on My Three Sons, the young adopted daughter of Fred MacMurray's second wife in the later seasons.

She had amazingly photogenic face. She was also the younger sister of another child actor, Leif Garrett. He had a lot more fame than she did, though. He was a kind of teen idol of the 1970's. I think they are both pretty cool.

Has anyone seen her in anything else besides My Three Sons?


That kid was a little pain lol. I remember My Three Sons and, like many other shows, it suffered at the end, when the main characters move out, shirt-tail relatives move in, kids get adopted, etc. Anything to try to keep a show on its last legs from dying. In this case, the marriage of FM's character and the addition of a wife and, in particular, this kid, was ridiculous. What was especially silly, was three teen-aged kids, who'd probably have rather been playing basketball, were placating and playing house with her and her dolls.

C'mon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2018, 04:05 PM
 
8,544 posts, read 11,876,258 times
Reputation: 3100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
That kid was a little pain lol. I remember My Three Sons and, like many other shows, it suffered at the end, when the main characters move out, shirt-tail relatives move in, kids get adopted, etc. Anything to try to keep a show on its last legs from dying. In this case, the marriage of FM's character and the addition of a wife and, in particular, this kid, was ridiculous. What was especially silly, was three teen-aged kids, who'd probably have rather been playing basketball, were placating and playing house with her and her dolls.

C'mon.
C'mon, they were just trying to make her feel at home as instructed by the elders in the home. Besides they were still outside playing catch and basketball in their dress slacks and button down shirts every chance they got.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-25-2018, 05:01 PM
 
8,544 posts, read 11,876,258 times
Reputation: 3100
I just watched an episode where Dody is sick in bed saying, "I don't feel good." Then her mother keeps correcting her saying "well" (as in, I don't feel well). There is canned laughter each time, but I don't think that's amusing at all.

First of all, I can't imagine having a mother who corrected her child during an illness. Secondly, it's anything but amusing to do that to a child. Maybe it's because my own mother was more of a free spirit, but I just don't understand people like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top