Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2018, 07:54 PM

24,619 posts, read 9,449,501 times

Advertisements

- Dirty Money

- Algorithms

Stupid documentaries that were very boring and not informative. Documentaries need to be interesting, captivating, and informative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2018, 08:45 PM

777 posts, read 1,336,613 times
Almost anything on there made not in America, and not by broadcast or cable channels. Which is almost everything. Some of the netflix originals aren't so bad,... mostly the ones that are teen/high school based, I have found tolerable. Orange is the New Black wasn't bad until last season. But, I honestly can't just name names on what was bad because I'll shut it off within the first 15 minutes and search for the long missing decent show I still have to give a shot.

Old 08-11-2018, 11:36 PM

19,423 posts, read 15,236,300 times
They're pushing some REALLY bad comedy specials. Quite a few are offensively bad. Can't stand to watch for very long. Or if it's a compilation, maybe 2 out of 8 are barely decent.

Old 08-16-2018, 10:16 AM

47 posts, read 18,178 times
Iron Fist.

Old 08-17-2018, 02:18 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,559,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James T. Kirk View Post
Iron Fist.
I am in an apparent minority liking that one. To each his own!

Old 10-17-2018, 12:52 PM

8,942 posts, read 20,367,927 times
The two Netflix Series, The Ranch and Grace & Frankie. Even though both were somewhat-to-a lot hilarious, the language was horrible. Absolutely hate hearing the “F” word in every other sentence. We are big fans of Sam Elliott and Debra Winger, but not with the language they used!

Old 10-18-2018, 09:04 AM

36 posts, read 25,405 times
Something with Kathy Bates and a store where they sold weed. I think it got canceled.

Old 10-20-2018, 11:01 PM

19,423 posts, read 15,236,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
The two Netflix Series, The Ranch and Grace & Frankie. Even though both were somewhat-to-a lot hilarious, the language was horrible. Absolutely hate hearing the “F” word in every other sentence. We are big fans of Sam Elliott and Debra Winger, but not with the language they used!
I really don't care about bad language, per se, but, yeah, they really go overboard. It comes across to me as them trying so hard to be vulgar and crass and, I don't know, casual and... "country"? I don't know, it just seems forced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigawatts View Post
Something with Kathy Bates and a store where they sold weed. I think it got canceled.
Omg, we love Kathy Bates, but we couldn't even get through the first episode. Awful. I know it sometimes takes a while to get off the ground in the pilot and the first few episodes, but it was just so offensively bad, neither of us could continue.

Old 12-14-2018, 05:49 AM

50,362 posts, read 63,948,892 times
Sea of Trees with Matthew McConnahay. He goes to Japan to a forest where folks go to kill themselves. He walks around all the bodies in different stages of decomposition. This is where I checked out.

According to reviews, there might be some redeeming reasons to watch the whole thing, but I doubt if I will.

On the whole, I’m finding it very hard to find anything good on Netflix.

Old 12-14-2018, 06:02 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,562,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Sea of Trees with Matthew McConnahay. He goes to Japan to a forest where folks go to kill themselves. He walks around all the bodies in different stages of decomposition. This is where I checked out.

According to reviews, there might be some redeeming reasons to watch the whole thing, but I doubt if I will.

On the whole, I’m finding it very hard to find anything good on Netflix.
I have tried to watch this. Stopped and resumed this for the last two weeks. It seems pointless. Not sure I will finish it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts