U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2018, 05:51 AM

36 posts, read 8,329 times

Advertisements

I miss the Saturday morning cartoons as a kid in the 90's. Back then, it was a truly an event and after the Saturday morning cartoons were over, all the kids would go outside and play and discuss the cartoons. Sometimes we would even have sleep overs at each others houses and wake up early to catch the new episode of whatever cartoon was out. And the commercials for the action figures at the time would get us so hyped. Great times!

Though I am much more on board with digital media, what I do miss about physical media was going to the music stores and listening to all the types of music that they had. Specifically Virgin Records Mega store in Times Square, in NYC. They had such a wide array of music and you can easily meet people and discuss the music you liked. YOU ACTUALLY MET PEOPLE at these places.

I also miss a lot of the radio stations back then but I definitely prefer youtube or other music media today. It just makes it that much easier to look for the genre of music you are seeking and want to listen to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2018, 05:17 PM

442 posts, read 250,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackercruster View Post
Yes OP, me too. But got to try to keep up with the times.
What years were you born?

Old 02-14-2019, 09:05 PM

16 posts, read 2,254 times
@DanArt: Imo, TV & Radio started 'dying' in the Late 00's when the iPhone was invented and YouTube went mainstream... Even then, search engines like Google weren't so advanced and the internet didn't have every song, movie and TV show imaginable until the Early 10's.

Old Today, 07:37 PM

35 posts, read 3,256 times
Not at all. *Glances over at old VHS collection*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts