U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2019, 02:44 PM

664 posts, read 584,554 times

Advertisements

We have Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, and HBO streaming. We watch Netflix more than the others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2019, 04:59 AM

14 posts, read 1,498 times
Netflix is OK, you could probably get some newer films and the occasional really good box set on other streaming services. But Netflix’s original documentaries, box sets and films are consistently good and are beginning to get recognition and awards. So it’s pretty good value for money, it’s stable, and has a reasonable back catalog of award winning films.

Old 07-06-2019, 07:25 PM

12,674 posts, read 7,582,455 times
I've been surprised lately by some of the movies available on Hulu. They don't have a huge collection, but they seem to have some of the limited release movies that I never got a chance to see in theaters.

Old 07-11-2019, 02:56 AM

4 posts, read 326 times
I love NETFLIX, and together with that I use Nord VPN, because in my country I cannot watch all the shows which is accessible for example in USA and with Nord VPN you can get access to it. Nord has good speed and relevant price. So it is a nice thing, if you're also addicted to NETFLIX, start to use VPN to access all movies

Old 07-11-2019, 10:25 AM

12,329 posts, read 18,441,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrittanyGomez View Post
I love NETFLIX, and together with that I use Nord VPN, because in my country I cannot watch all the shows which is accessible for example in USA and with Nord VPN you can get access to it. Nord has good speed and relevant price. So it is a nice thing, if you're also addicted to NETFLIX, start to use VPN to access all movies
You sure are pushing "nord" alot, almost as if you were paid to say it in public forums. Hmmm.

Old 07-11-2019, 10:35 AM

2,558 posts, read 813,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hickoryfan View Post
We have Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, and HBO streaming. We watch Netflix more than the others.
I've been watching Prime more than Netflix for a while now. The Netflix "previews" are just too annoying, even with the sound off, so browsing is just too painful. I'll go back if I know exactly what I want to watch (ie new episodes). Otherwise I stick to Prime and Acorn.

Old 07-11-2019, 05:49 PM

2,370 posts, read 1,129,811 times
Right Now Netflix is the best to watch movies and TV shows with no commercials. Looks like NBC and CBS and ABC/Disney and many more want to create, Streaming internet channels.

I wonder if those new websites will be commercial free. I will never sign up for a Streaming internet channels that requires you to watch commercials.

I am very sure I am not alone in this thinking.

Old 07-11-2019, 07:44 PM

2,558 posts, read 813,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobisinthehouse View Post
Right Now Netflix is the best to watch movies and TV shows with no commercials. Looks like NBC and CBS and ABC/Disney and many more want to create, Streaming internet channels.

I wonder if those new websites will be commercial free. I will never sign up for a Streaming internet channels that requires you to watch commercials.

I am very sure I am not alone in this thinking.
Prime, Acorn, Britbox have no commercials.

Old 07-18-2019, 07:14 AM

22,916 posts, read 16,299,996 times
“Is Netflix still best for watching recently released movies?”

No.

Redbox and FandangoNow get them sooner.

Old 07-18-2019, 12:04 PM

4,188 posts, read 2,599,410 times
Netflix is the new TV - lots of so-so schlock with the occasional gem. We used to watch it a lot, now not so much. Most of what they bill as "Netflix Original" is some sort of recycle from Europe. Each episode is 45 minutes meaning it was made for TV with ads to be inserted, but Netflix has no ads so it wasn't made for Netflix. All these foreign shows and Netflix won't tell you up-front if the show is in English or not. You have drill down into the details.

We have better luck with Prime these days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or