U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2019, 01:31 PM

58 posts, read 10,637 times

Advertisements

I just finished watching one my all time netflix favs... Dark season 2... so many paradoxes (just love it). But, there are so many great Sci-fi/Suspense/Horror series out there, so what is your favorite and why? Are you a Rod Serling fan, Hitchcock, King... whatever you like tell me the elements of said series that most intrigue you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2019, 01:40 PM

630 posts, read 211,817 times
I just watched Black Mirror, and some of those episodes were... intense. Like, don't watch before bedtime! Watched a tiny bit of Stranger Things and didn't get totally pulled in. Some seasons of American Horror Story are awful and awesome at the same time. But I think Sci-Fi, suspense, and horror are very different genres...

Old 06-26-2019, 01:52 PM

58 posts, read 10,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gus2 View Post
I just watched Black Mirror, and some of those episodes were... intense. Like, don't watch before bedtime! Watched a tiny bit of Stranger Things and didn't get totally pulled in. Some seasons of American Horror Story are awful and awesome at the same time. But I think Sci-Fi, suspense, and horror are very different genres...
I have been trying to catch up on Black Mirror (I loved their Bandersnatch series) ... which episodes keep u up at night the most?

Old 06-26-2019, 02:08 PM

8,717 posts, read 3,098,686 times
Black Mirror is the only one of the current crop that will achieve legendary status over time. Simply brilliant, totally unpredictable, not locked into a formula and has extraordinary production values.

Old 06-30-2019, 03:15 PM

740 posts, read 164,058 times
I love Stranger Things, though I normally wouldn't be particularly interested in its combination of paranormal and horror. The series is very well produced (all levels - writing, acting, photography, etc.). But the clincher is that it's essentially a lover letter to the culture of the 1980s. That's what seals the deal for me.

Old 07-04-2019, 04:54 AM

14 posts, read 1,513 times
Babylon 5. Take Star Trek and remove all shields, phasers, and all the unexplainable nonsense. Now add in real scientific ideas like relative velocity. Special effects are not great, though races are pretty good looking - not just like "human with their skin painted". Also everyone has a goal, which is not results in "good guys always winning". There are conflicts even in the main cast. That was a rather good series.

Old 07-11-2019, 09:43 PM

29 posts, read 3,683 times
Black Mirror is a hit or miss for me, but the greats are truly memorable - Be Right Back, San Junipero, The Entire History of You are some I can think of right now.

Old 07-12-2019, 03:13 PM

206 posts, read 44,613 times
Dark is my recent fav, but I also loved the SG (Stargate) movies and series. The most recent Lost in Space was also pretty good. I love the FX most, but the storyline needs to be believable, and the actors need to be talented.

Old Today, 01:31 PM

1 posts
Default Divergent

Recently I just saw a movie whose name is divergent and one of the best movie. I just watch three parts in a row. The Story concept is amazing and the one and the only hero is quite impressive. The guy has a tattoo on his body and its look amazing so I decided to make a tattoo like him. I just found some amazing Tattoo designs at [url]https://tattoodesigns123.org/[/url]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or