U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-08-2019, 07:42 PM
 
10,805 posts, read 12,862,483 times
Reputation: 3930

Advertisements

I was going to say Wonder Years also. As well as Roseanne. But I think they both *started* in the late 1980's and aired more during the 90's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-08-2019, 07:46 PM
 
3,959 posts, read 1,545,148 times
Reputation: 7803
Moonlighting.
that was the last one
when we watched every episode.

got us to realize TV entertainment
is not worth it. thank you Moonlighting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-10-2019, 08:03 AM
 
187 posts, read 37,488 times
Reputation: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Yes. Nightcourt is definitely another classic that came to mind. I was too young to fully appreciate it but I would love to see some of the episodes today.
Dude, NightCourt was freakin funny Especially Bull
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-10-2019, 06:46 PM
 
913 posts, read 208,328 times
Reputation: 3143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach911 View Post
Married with Children.

Nobody else but Fox dared air this show. A true classic that wouldn't last today because somebody out there would be offended.
Here in the real world, Married With Children does in fact run incessantly in syndication today, and no one cares.

On the other hand, the content of today's original programming would make the hairs curl on 1980s America. So, you're right about people being offended - you've just got it completely backwards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-10-2019, 07:41 PM
 
Location: Eastern NC
19,708 posts, read 17,907,998 times
Reputation: 17539
Married with Children
WKRP in Cincinnati - actually started in the late 70's but continued on into the 80's
Night Court
Cheers
Cosby Show
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-10-2019, 07:51 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
3,091 posts, read 1,689,172 times
Reputation: 3629
I am going to cheat and say "Taxi" which started in the late 70's but ran until the 1982-83 season. A brilliant cast and great writing.

It won an emmy for best comedy series in 1979, 1980 and 1981.

One of the best scenes in sitcom history is when Jim (Christoper Lloyd) goes to the DMV for his driver license test:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39k067hcgYY&t=169s
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-10-2019, 07:55 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
3,091 posts, read 1,689,172 times
Reputation: 3629
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
WKRP in Cincinnati - actually started in the late 70's but continued on into the 80's
Great show! Great opening theme song too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-11-2019, 03:52 AM
 
1,086 posts, read 362,435 times
Reputation: 1792
Roseanne - she was very similar to my mother, and the whole neighborhood got a kick out of it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-11-2019, 06:35 AM
 
Location: Kent, WA
77 posts, read 10,394 times
Reputation: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by unfocused View Post
I think Married With Children is a 90s sitcom? There was a time when I liked it, but that didn't last. It's on reruns often so so apparently not too many are offended these days.
80's into the 90's...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2x3x29x41 View Post
Here in the real world, Married With Children does in fact run incessantly in syndication today, and no one cares.

On the other hand, the content of today's original programming would make the hairs curl on 1980s America. So, you're right about people being offended - you've just got it completely backwards.

If you say so. We'll never know... because in syndication isn't the same thing as a premiere on a new network that is airing a show because nobody else will.


Anyway... my favorite show that I watched religiously as a teenager.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2019, 10:52 AM
 
Location: Eastern NC
19,708 posts, read 17,907,998 times
Reputation: 17539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
I am going to cheat and say "Taxi" which started in the late 70's but ran until the 1982-83 season. A brilliant cast and great writing.

It won an emmy for best comedy series in 1979, 1980 and 1981.

One of the best scenes in sitcom history is when Jim (Christoper Lloyd) goes to the DMV for his driver license test:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39k067hcgYY&t=169s
LMAO, that was funny. I forgot how funny Taxi could be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top