U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think the movie/TV show ideas you have in your head are better than the movies/TV shows that
Yes 13 76.47%
No 4 23.53%
Other 0 0%
Unsure 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2020, 10:16 AM

724 posts, read 319,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KemBro71 View Post
You said you thought your ideas, which have not been put on the screen, were better/more interesting TO YOU than other ideas that have actually been executed for the screen.

There is no way to prove or disprove this.

1) it's a matter of personal taste. Nobody can force you to like or unlike anything else.

2) your ideas have not been expressed outside your own head/page. It's like saying I believe I'm a better QB than Tom Brady. It could be 100% true that I BELIEVE that. But until/unless I get a chance to compete in real life it is pure silly speculation.

True but I still fail to see how I'm grousing ( i.e. complaining ) about anything ...

FWIW maybe I should clarify that I don't assume that everyone else or anyone else would/does find my own cinematic production related ideas more interesting than already existing ones ...

In short my intent with creating this thread was to start up a discussion along the lines of ( f.ex ) " Do you find the types of food you yourself cook at home better than the types found in highly rated restaurants ? " , as opposed to claim I'm some sort of misunderstood genius or what have you .
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2020, 10:29 AM

724 posts, read 319,479 times
On second thought KemBro maybe I did come off as a bit of a complainer in one of my posts where I got into the why part of finding my own ideas more interesting than others , but surely that's a different sort of complaining if it can be called that .

I mean wouldn't you agree that there's a difference between stating why you dislike the creations of others while liking your own creations more and whining about how bad everything out there is as such which your post ( kind of ) implied ?

FWIW one of the reason I use so many smileys is because ( obviously ) the great helper that is body language doesn't exist in a setting like this , which is why it's ( IMHO ) important to try and help people realize the tone of your the post your typing .

Which in my case is ( barring few exceptions ) always essentially positive .
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts