U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2021, 10:08 AM

18,556 posts, read 26,658,056 times

Advertisements

I found a really great article that sums it up from Piers

PIERS MORGAN: I'm not a racist and neither is Sharon Osbourne but that didn't stop the woke mob lynching her just for defending me in a shocking episode that shames the Cowardly Broadcasting System and should horrify anyone who values free speech

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
She is white AND she is black.

Sorry, that's exactly what I meant to type, not that she's not either.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2021, 10:35 AM

10,787 posts, read 8,838,564 times
Quote:
Alienated herself from her biological family? What about her mother, to whom she is very close? Does she not count? The only family she's alienated from are a couple half siblings (including a half sister who managed to capitalize on their shared DNA), and an attention seeking father. Her niece and nephews have spoken kindly of her.
Oh OK then, she's managed to keep some kind of relationship with her own mother!! She must be alright then!

Old 03-31-2021, 07:40 PM

13,877 posts, read 12,340,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I found a really great article that sums it up from Piers

PIERS MORGAN: I'm not a racist and neither is Sharon Osbourne but that didn't stop the woke mob lynching her just for defending me in a shocking episode that shames the Cowardly Broadcasting System and should horrify anyone who values free speech

Sorry, that's exactly what I meant to type, not that she's not either.
Uhhh...she was fired for all the bad press about how she treated her co-workers, not because of her opinion on Merkle. Racial abuse in the workplace isn't protected "free speech".
https://people.com/tv/sharon-osbourn...he-talk-mount/

I'm not surprised the only rag willing to print Morgan's delusional rantings is one of Murdoch's pieces of toilet paper.

Old 03-31-2021, 11:30 PM

4,663 posts, read 1,677,011 times
Who is Sharon Osbourne? What is 'The Talk"? Should we be concerned that the sky might fall regarding the thread title?

The world of the celebrities and, even more so, their devoted followers whose lives revolve around them, mystifies me.

Old 04-01-2021, 06:33 AM

14,517 posts, read 8,846,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
Who is Sharon Osbourne? What is 'The Talk"? Should we be concerned that the sky might fall regarding the thread title?

The world of the celebrities and, even more so, their devoted followers whose lives revolve around them, mystifies me.
And yet here you are, contributing to the conversation.

Old 04-01-2021, 06:58 AM

2,224 posts, read 1,068,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Right. The point here is that the notion of a "Royal bloodline" is "racist" in itself, and the whitest of the white white white supremacy was the foundation upon which the British Empire was built. I mean, let's be real about "who" and "what" we are dealing with here....lol.

Why Markle wanted to marry into that, idfk...
The British “Royal bloodline” might not be as milky white as you appear to believe, see this from the Seattle Times;

The queen in question is Charlotte, who married King George III (yes, that King George) six hours after arriving in London and meeting him for the first time on Sept. 8, 1761.
Some historians believe she was Britain’s first Black queen, and that her descendants, including Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth II, have African ancestry.

Charlotte, who was born May 19, 1744, was the youngest daughter of Duke Carl Ludwig Friedrich of Mecklenburg-Strelitz and Princess Elisabeth Albertine of Saxe-Hildburghausen.

She was a 17-year-old German princess when she traveled to England to wed George, who later went to war with his American colonies and lost badly.

Historian Mario De Valdes y Cocom argues that Charlotte was directly descended from a Black branch of the Portuguese royal family: Alfonso III and his concubine, Ouruana, a Black Moor.

Personally, I could care less if Meghan and/or Queen Charlotte were green with blue stripes.

Old 04-01-2021, 07:12 AM

2,177 posts, read 912,354 times
Quote:
Her mother, Doria Ragland, is black. Meghan is fair skinned black, but she is still black.
Are you saying because she has 1 black parent - she is most certainly black? Why can’t she be white? Her father is white.
Isn’t it the outdated and racist 1 drop of blood theory?

Or is it like in Judaism- if your mother is Jewish, then you are a Jew.
If your father is Jewish, but the mother is not- then you are not Jewish?

I don’t get it: why is MM considered being black?

Old 04-01-2021, 07:36 AM

16,666 posts, read 16,408,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean-Francois View Post
The British “Royal bloodline” might not be as milky white as you appear to believe, see this from the Seattle Times;

The queen in question is Charlotte, who married King George III (yes, that King George) six hours after arriving in London and meeting him for the first time on Sept. 8, 1761.
Some historians believe she was Britain’s first Black queen, and that her descendants, including Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth II, have African ancestry.

Charlotte, who was born May 19, 1744, was the youngest daughter of Duke Carl Ludwig Friedrich of Mecklenburg-Strelitz and Princess Elisabeth Albertine of Saxe-Hildburghausen.

She was a 17-year-old German princess when she traveled to England to wed George, who later went to war with his American colonies and lost badly.

Historian Mario De Valdes y Cocom argues that Charlotte was directly descended from a Black branch of the Portuguese royal family: Alfonso III and his concubine, Ouruana, a Black Moor.

Personally, I could care less if Meghan and/or Queen Charlotte were green with blue stripes.
"As they would have you believe"...

fixd.

I already knew about Queen Charlotte. Doesn't change my opinion.

But thanks for sharing the info!

Old 04-01-2021, 07:50 AM

490 posts, read 228,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean-Francois View Post

Yes... and there's about 500 years between Alfonso III's concubine in the 13th century and Queen Charlotte in the 18th century.

The idea that she was "black" is historical revisionist trope.

Old 04-01-2021, 08:47 AM

14,517 posts, read 8,846,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik4me View Post
Are you saying because she has 1 black parent - she is most certainly black? Why can’t she be white? Her father is white.
I am saying that she is BOTH black and white.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts