U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2021, 04:32 PM

210 posts, read 345,205 times

Advertisements

I don’t have a budget. Money is not an issue.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2021, 06:00 PM

3,290 posts, read 1,352,733 times
I'm confused as to what you don't think you have to get this done.

If you truly have all the $$, just rent a legit venue, get insurance, hire a team of people to decorate the whole place and create the other aspects of the enviornment.

I highly doubt a home for sale will be a possibility, or an abandoned house. Not gonna happen.

Old 05-18-2021, 06:24 PM

210 posts, read 345,205 times
I don’t understand what people are confused by. What are the venue options to do what I have described?

Old 05-18-2021, 06:25 PM

14,517 posts, read 8,841,476 times
^^^^ What KemBro said.

Old 05-18-2021, 06:27 PM

3,290 posts, read 1,352,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life7 View Post
I don’t understand what people are confused by. What are the venue options to do what I have described?
If you can't do it in your house, you need a friend or other family member to play along.

A STR of a house will not probably allow it in their terms of service. Ditto for a house currently on the market and an abandoned house.

If you must do this in a house, you need a willing family or friend to volunteer theirs.

Otherwise, you need to rent a venue like a warehouse, maybe a function hall, a community room, or something. Try Giggster?

Old 05-19-2021, 05:30 AM

16,658 posts, read 16,403,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life7 View Post
Nah, I don’t like the warehouse setting. I prefer a house because it’s more familiar. Do you know if I can borrow abandoned houses or houses for sale? I live in Montreal, Canada in case this helps.
People are not going to send their children into an abandoned house so you can scare them, sorry.

If money is no issue, buy your own house.

Old 05-19-2021, 06:28 AM

14,517 posts, read 8,841,476 times
Are you on Nextdoor? Perhaps you could offer to decorate someone's home for Halloween. That's about the only possibility of "borrowing" a house that I can think of.

Old 05-19-2021, 06:52 PM

10,396 posts, read 11,451,733 times
Hmm, I never did anything like this myself but this sounds hard to do if you don't have any friends, fam members, or anyone to do this w/. This is quite an undertaking to do all by y ourself, but all I can think of are:

- contact event planners to work w/ you/help you

- unless you create something from the ground-up way out in the middle of nowhere, I don't know.

Are you sure you want the hassle & responsbility? Here's a couple few things to think about off the top of my head & of course this isn't everything:

1) Are you going to make everyone sign waivers so if they get injured while on the premesis, they can't come back & sue you, etc.?

2) Do you know the legal capacity of facilities based on their square footage of the total amount that can be in a building at a time so it's not a safety hazard, fire hazard, etc.?

3) If any visitor causes damage, then what?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts