Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2021, 03:57 PM

19,697 posts, read 20,229,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free-R View Post
AWP originally started diving as a way to clean up waterways, rivers, lakes and so forth (Link). They started looking for missing people after being asked at random by a family to search a river for their missing loved one, and AWP gave it a shot; they found his truck and solved that case. How cool is that? AWP has found 16 people in total since then. They also find a lot of stolen cars. AWP is able to do it based on donations to their channel - a positive side of the power of social media.

Another YouTuber did the same as AWP, recently solving the 21-year-old missing persons' case of Erin Foster and Jeremy Bechtel: link: https://youtu.be/AjL4TZse6hs

The tech involved that allows them to do this, plus what humans can do with genetic genealogy and other advancements in DNA technology, makes it quite a time to be alive for anyone interested in this type of stuff. Mind is blown how intelligent humans can be. I think we are just now entering a revolution, or Golden Era, for case-solving.
I just watched the video in your link. Wow! Stuff like this gives me chills... So amazing. It's definitely encouraging to see, like you said: the positive side of the power of social media!!

Thanks for sharing that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2021, 08:19 PM

2,891 posts, read 2,139,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monello View Post
A great self protection channel. He disects each event.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFTyeT0h8tk

There are a few channels where computer geeks outsmart online scammers. I wish there wasn't a need for these kinds of heroes. But people get sucked into these scams because normal people don't think like a crook.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBr-H_Lr1Xs

those scam baiters are ok but jim browning actually tries to intervene to prevent people from being scammed

https://www.youtube.com/c/JimBrowning

Old 12-15-2021, 08:01 AM

16 posts, read 13,708 times
Check this channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsX...tHxD1rDPwtNM8Q

Old 12-17-2021, 03:46 PM

17,571 posts, read 15,237,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Adventures With Purpose:

This is about a dive team that searches bodies of water, and began solving cold cases of people gone missing. They usually find vehicles submerged, along with what remains. Bringing closure to families.

AWP.. I fully support what they're doing.. Their videos rub me kinda wrong. Not overly sure what it is about them, but it seems they get a bit clickbaity at times.

Watch any of these people who do magnet fishing, however, and that'll give you a whole new definition of clickbait.

If you're into cars, specifically, repair of cars.. South Main Auto is one of the top channels. Guy that owns a shop in northern New York and really knows his stuff. And while it obviously helps if you know something about cars, he presents info in such a way that even if you don't, you get the basic points in what he's saying.

And, you can learn a ton about how to improve your diagnostic skills by watching his. Now, of course, sometimes I'm sitting there yelling at the screen "Get on with it!" because he's being OVERLY thorough. Or I would have started testing in another spot.. But, that latter, it's about 50/50.. Sometimes, if I had started where he did, the problem would be found much quicker, the other half, yeah, he started too far back.

I watched DDS TV (Dashcam vids) for quite a while, but, i've kinda gotten bored with them at this point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts