Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2008, 07:02 PM

3,414 posts, read 7,144,027 times

Advertisements

if you haven't heard of his story please go to youtube.com and search for Christian the Lion.
Watch the video. You'll be happy you did. It may just make your day. (I'd do the link thing but I don't know how.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2008, 07:31 PM

2,919 posts, read 6,829,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laysayfair View Post
if you haven't heard of his story please go to youtube.com and search for Christian the Lion.
Watch the video. You'll be happy you did. It may just make your day. (I'd do the link thing but I don't know how.)
I was just there earlier! I love that vid. I just love the look on Christian's face when he sees them...it looks like his jaw drops open in disbelief.

Christian the Lion

Another one that I like.

Lion hugs lady who rescued him

Old 07-22-2008, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyRobyn View Post
I was just there earlier! I love that vid. I just love the look on Christian's face when he sees them...it looks like his jaw drops open in disbelief.

Christian the Lion

Another one that I like.

Lion hugs lady who rescued him
LadyRobyn, thanks for posting the link. That video makes me feel so happy!

Old 07-29-2008, 10:58 PM

10 posts, read 28,675 times
Actually....
I just spoke to John. He and Ace will be doing a link tomorrow on the NBC Today show from Sydney. They will be talking more about George Adamson and the Trust fund if you are interested.
Thanks again,
Eric

Old 08-05-2008, 04:48 AM

11,535 posts, read 30,265,438 times
HSN had that on the other night. I missed the first of it and You tube doesn't work for me. Was that the couple from Africa who raised Elsa the liioness? How old was the lion when that clip was shot? He must have been young because he didn't have a full mane yet.

I couldn't believe their good luck in finding the pride. They are awesome people. .

Old 08-05-2008, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by linicx View Post
HSN had that on the other night. I missed the first of it and You tube doesn't work for me. Was that the couple from Africa who raised Elsa the liioness? How old was the lion when that clip was shot? He must have been young because he didn't have a full mane yet.

I couldn't believe their good luck in finding the pride. They are awesome people. .
No, it was two guys from London who had purchased a baby lion from Harrods in the '60's.
They took it to Africa and one of the men involved with Elsa helped wean them back into the wilderness. I don't remember the age.

Old 08-05-2008, 10:40 AM

2,957 posts, read 7,384,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laysayfair View Post
No, it was two guys from London who had purchased a baby lion from Harrods in the '60's.
They took it to Africa and one of the men involved with Elsa helped wean them back into the wilderness. I don't remember the age.
They didn't exactly put Christian in "the wild" but, rather, a nature preserve.
They knew basically where he was and had visited him previously to the meeting in the video. There is a recent interview with the guys on the video. This was their second or third meeting with Christian after they placed him in the preserve.
Still, a powerful image and story though.

Old 08-10-2008, 02:50 PM

4,139 posts, read 11,491,452 times
This is what I was wondering. I grew up in Kenya and it would be difficult to just roam all of the area and yell for a lion just anywhere (and not safe!)

It is an awesome story! I grew up knowing Joy Adamson (not well, but we met and had her speak at our school) and she was incredible.

Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by b. frank View Post
They didn't exactly put Christian in "the wild" but, rather, a nature preserve.
They knew basically where he was and had visited him previously to the meeting in the video. There is a recent interview with the guys on the video. This was their second or third meeting with Christian after they placed him in the preserve.
Still, a powerful image and story though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts