U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 06:31 AM

3,225 posts, read 6,122,282 times

Advertisements

Dane Cook
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2009, 09:39 AM

91 posts, read 189,072 times
Andrew Dice Clay

Blech.

Old 02-01-2009, 09:43 AM

8,862 posts, read 14,382,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill545 View Post
For starters (PS I'm talking people who generally seem well liked, not just "I've heard of them"):

Whoopi Goldberg (although she was good in "Ghost")
Kathy Griffin
Will Farrell
Maggie Cho
Rosanne Barr
David Chapelle
That dork who walks around with a knit cap on and goofy smile and talks to people - how or why on Earth anyone would consider that even remotely amusing or anything other than idiotic I've no idea
I LOL at all of them at times. Then at other times they get on my nerves.

Sometimes Robin Williams really gets on my nerves. Mork--are you talking about him?

Old 02-02-2009, 12:16 PM

1,117 posts, read 1,746,816 times
I can't stand Robin Williams as a comedian. He's great in drama (Good Will Hunting, for instance). But his hyped out routine gets on my nerves.

My favorite stand-up comics are:

Bob Newhart (classic)
Bill Maher
Drew Carey
Dana Carvey
Joan Rivers (yep...I think she's classic)

Old 02-02-2009, 02:02 PM

4,968 posts, read 13,993,226 times
Larry the Cable Guy. Crude and unfunny.

Old 02-02-2009, 03:19 PM

3,651 posts, read 8,111,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Bill Maher
Saw him do stand-up once and didn't care for it muc but wasn't all bad. However he's not just a left-wing hack but the poster child for pompous aholes w/a mind about as open as a steel trap. Total clown. His "politically incorrect" should be renamed "I'm right, you're stupid" because that's his attitude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesbabe View Post
Bean (I can't stand to even look at him)
Ellen Degeneris (I like her as a person ~ just don't find her funny)
Bill Maher is a comedian????
Jerry Seinfeld
Rosie O'Donnell
All great calls.

Those that said Larry the trailer trash guy, also a good call. I'll-tell-you-whut Larry: you stink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
Mork--are you talking about him?
?? I'm talking about some moron who has been popular in recent years, I've just seen clips....he typically dresses kind of "ghetto"...he's a white guy, black hair, big sort of toothy gooftball smile, apparently his 'schtick' is to talk to morons and pretend to be talking to them seriously but he's not, he also acts like a moron and so it's funny hahaha. Totally idiotic.

Old 02-02-2009, 05:18 PM

956 posts, read 2,646,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggalegga View Post
Larry the Cable Guy. Crude and unfunny.
Indeed -- how many times can one recycle his incessant "get 'er done"?

Old 02-02-2009, 08:07 PM

262 posts, read 478,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_AGGIE13 View Post

Eddie Murphy - Remember the days of his stand up acts, "Beverly Hills Cop", "Comming to America", "Life"???? What on earth happened. I could care less if he is trying to be more kid oriented, or family friendly, he's just lame now.
I agree Eddie Murphy used to be just awesomly funny now hes not.I find Ricky Gervais totally un-funny,hes just the worst comedian EVER!I just don't see how he gets all the work,he is absolutly just crap.

Old 02-02-2009, 09:35 PM

905 posts, read 2,109,165 times
Carrot Top...most un-funny guy I have ever seen in my life. I can't stand him...

Old 02-03-2009, 01:20 AM

956 posts, read 2,646,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfectedMushroom View Post
Carrot Top...most un-funny guy I have ever seen in my life. I can't stand him...
I like the skull he calls Chief Lou Diamond...or was that just a Family Guy episode...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts