Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2010, 11:56 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,107,668 times

Advertisements

Carrotcrotch or whatever his name is
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2010, 06:25 PM

897 posts, read 1,688,337 times
Robin Williams(Hasn't been funny for 20 years),Whoopy Goldberg and Ellen(Makes Herself out to be a martyr to her sexuality too much).

Old 05-03-2010, 06:30 PM

4,502 posts, read 13,468,962 times
Ellen DeGeneress --- okay, we get it, you're gay. However, it's time to stop acting like a 15 year old boy and the name "Portia" doesn't have to come out of your mouth every 3 minutes!

Jerry Seinfeld --- doesn't get more annoying than his whiney, Long Island accent!

Old 05-25-2010, 06:33 PM

1,113 posts, read 3,494,372 times
Ellen Degenerate-like her show, but I don't find her particularly funny, and I knew she was a rug-muncher LOOOONNGG before she admitted it.

Tyler Perry-his Madea movies are awful. I didn't laugh once. His "House Of Payne" TV show is lame, too. (maybe it's a "black" thing and I wouldn't understand??)

I'm not sure about his stand-up, but George Carlin's books are HILARIOUS. I laugh my butt off whenever I read them.

With a couple of exceptions, pretty much everyone from SNL is lame.

Jerry Seinfeld and his show=UNFUNNY.

Robin Williams, Robert Townsend, Rodney Dangerfield, Dice Clay, and Sam Kinison always crack me up. (Pretty much the dirtier=the better. )

Old 05-27-2010, 06:23 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,056,554 times
I used to like Ellen Degeneres and her old show and still can watch her from time to time. I just liked her kooky personality. But when she injected her sexuality into her persona that was pretty lame. I like Sarah Silverman and Dave Chapelle and Andy Dick for the same reason, they are funny and strange and not just reading jokes from scripts. But they are all pretty messed up on personal levels which may be a sign of true genius.
TNT is running some incredibly bad shows, Tyler Perry/ Mediea, Meet the Paynes, just substandard stuff that would have been dated 15 years ago on UPN.

Old 05-27-2010, 01:16 PM

1,870 posts, read 2,389,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesconsinite View Post
I couldn't agree more. It was in the contract she signed that she clear it with the animal shelter people if she ever wanted to give up the dog and place it in another home. From what I understand this was a dog with behavioral problems and the shelter knew about this. Reasonable rule, in that case. Apparently, she broke this rule, gave the dog to her friend, the shelter found out, took the dog away, made the friend's kid cry or something (naturally).... and Ellen throws a pity party on her show. And what happens? Everyone goes after these poor animal shelter people, sending them threats, and even refusing to do business with them just because of what Ellen did.

It's a prime example of someone abusing their celebrity. "I didn't get my way, but I'll cry about it on my show, get people to feel sorry for me, and get back at the meanies in the process!" *sniffle*

I haven't viewed her the same way ever since, no matter how sweet she appears on TV. And I haven't really watched her show since, either. Just once or twice when a couple celebs I reallly liked were guests of hers.
I view her as a spoiled celebrity now.
Oh man... I happened to watch Ellen's cry fest again. It's on Youtube. After seeing her display now, it's obvious to me that she staged this for effect. Don't forget that Ellen is an actress who most likely has had lots of drama classes, and can cry on cue. So, the tissue box was conveniently located for the tears of a crocodile. Between sobs, Ellen said she was totally wrong. However, she told the agency to give the dog back anyway. What a rat brat! If the agency had relented, every dead-beat dog adopter could use Ellen as an example.

Also, Ellen kept referring to the dog as "it". This dog was her own pet, and she knew the name (Iggy) and gender, but she kept saying "it" "it" "it". Something ain't right about that. In my opinion, this shows Ellen is more apt to think of a pet as an object than as a being. I would never call my own dog "it"!

Last edited by Fatty MacButter; 05-27-2010 at 01:31 PM..

Old 05-27-2010, 03:35 PM

1,113 posts, read 3,494,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatty MacButter View Post
Oh man... I happened to watch Ellen's cry fest again. It's on Youtube. After seeing her display now, it's obvious to me that she staged this for effect. Don't forget that Ellen is an actress who most likely has had lots of drama classes, and can cry on cue. So, the tissue box was conveniently located for the tears of a crocodile. Between sobs, Ellen said she was totally wrong. However, she told the agency to give the dog back anyway. What a rat brat! If the agency had relented, every dead-beat dog adopter could use Ellen as an example.

Also, Ellen kept referring to the dog as "it". This dog was her own pet, and she knew the name (Iggy) and gender, but she kept saying "it" "it" "it". Something ain't right about that. In my opinion, this shows Ellen is more apt to think of a pet as an object than as a being. I would never call my own dog "it"!

Sheesh....I've seen people cry less over dead loved ones.

Old 05-30-2010, 08:22 PM

90 posts, read 188,389 times
Dane Cook!! I liked him in Employee of the Month, but watching his stand up routines is painful. He is just not funny (in my opinion) yet he is popular.

Old 06-18-2010, 07:20 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,839,560 times
Most American "comedians".

Old 06-27-2010, 05:50 PM

3,037 posts, read 5,929,022 times
Ricky Gervais.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts