U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 01:55 PM

10,236 posts, read 12,194,604 times

Advertisements

I do enjoy hypnotists. They fascinate me.

Good magicians, mimes. . . Sure. I enjoy them but only once in awhile. A couple of times a magician has removed my watch without my feeling it. Very weird and impressive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2011, 01:28 AM

13,113 posts, read 10,493,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShermanJoe View Post
No. Heaaall no. I also hate:

Ventriloquists
Mimes
Clowns
I might watch a shirtless hot-guy juggle, but he'd better be good.
Yep.......^^^^^.

Except for the ventriloquists......some of them are really good comedians.

Old 06-05-2011, 02:38 PM

296 posts, read 394,293 times
Not at all. Boring.

Old 05-08-2017, 12:34 AM

26,169 posts, read 11,587,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesmama
I do enjoy hypnotists. They fascinate me.
I think it was exactly a HYPNOTIST I saw on TV one day a @ friends house...... We wer watching this guy do a hand trick and he said he guaranteed YOUR HAND would be exactly what he was!!

MY FRIENDS HAND WAS!!!!!!!! -- He was amazed..... He went downstairs and told his mom straight away.. We were quite amazed!!!! (I didnt think anything of it then but now I look back and it must have been some sort of mind control)

Old 05-08-2017, 07:36 PM

390 posts, read 171,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShermanJoe View Post
No. Heaaall no. I also hate:

Ventriloquists
Mimes
Clowns...
Clowns especially, they look too freaky and aren't funny IMO.

Two things I never want to see a stand-up comedian pull out of a case;

1) A Dummy

2) A Guitar

Magicians use those special collapsible props, mirrors, pseudo-random strangers in the audience.

Of course slight of hand is fake too, though it does take more talent to pull it off.

I don't care for all the talent shows either (never watch 'em, dare I say especially this one), yet I caught this clip a while ago and maybe 'cause it's so up-close and personal, I liked this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTy3qG_qInU

Old 05-22-2017, 01:04 AM

390 posts, read 171,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noregon98 View Post

...yet I caught this clip a while ago and maybe 'cause it's so up-close and personal, I liked this guy:

Spoiler:

Well I did like that guy a little more until I started searching YouTube tonight for more of his videos and unfortunately this appeared...the explanations and demonstrations are after each trick:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-7aAzL9MSY

The palming of the cards after the mouth illusion threw me as it didn't register that he was off camera for the perfect split-second needed to place or redistribute them in his right hand.

I thought the salt and Snapple ones were possibly due to he had a special coating on his palms since actually, I was more concerned that the Snapple wasn't his own prop!

I think everyone knew the pen gag.

Still, I'd rather watch slight of hand as opposed to performers using large props (also slight of hand?) or watching animals or large objects disappear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts