Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2010, 01:03 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,506,675 times

Advertisements

I thought the Tebow one was very good. What was the controversery about? It said nothing but I love my son and I almost lost him many times then he kisses his mom. It also had humor in it, nothing to hit you over the head. Just cute.

Also, what's with the man is whipped theme? 2 or 3 commercials had that theme. Dumb to say the least.

Dove stole the Momsong music and idea----not nice. Look up the Momsong on Youtube to see what I mean.

I liked the Clydesdale horse and bull one----cute again. The Doritoes ones were stupid, not cute. Using a Doritoes to hurt someone is not nice.

I thought the green message commercial was a look into our future if cap and trade passes. Scary and would turn anyone off of being green. I don't think that was the message they were going for. Also, the census one was the same---stupid people sitting around being stupid. Doesn't make me feel secure on who will do them, know what I mean? I think those two commercials backfired with their messages.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2010, 10:06 AM

52,687 posts, read 47,946,017 times
There were a few good ones, but nothing really made my sides split open in laughter. As usual, Bud Light steals the show (the human bridge sequence was hilarious), but even they had a couple of lame ones that disappointed. Sadly, I think these commercial writers are starting to lose their touch. And then, we can't forget about the McDonald's commercial with the Larry Bird twist at the end.

Old 02-08-2010, 10:11 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,725,561 times
I loved the VW ad ... I remember playing punch bug when I was a kid.

Old 02-08-2010, 11:43 AM

11,289 posts, read 26,191,557 times
For whatever reason the screaming chickens for the Denny's commercials had me totally cracking up. My friend and I both started screaming as the chickens were screaming. Neighbors must have loved that - especially since we were about 20 minutes behind on DVR so it probably had NOTHING to do with what was showing live.

I actually thought the Tebow commerical was a complete waste of money. The only reason anyone knew what it was is because of all the controversey. If you just watched the commercial straight up, all you'd take out of it is that she almost lost her baby, she didn't, and she loves him. As if most mothers don't love their children or something? I don't get it.

The timing of some of them was bizarre as well. Like the Tebow again, him tackling his mom might have actually been kinda funny if we hadn't just seen Betty White tackled 18 seconds earlier. It more just made me wonder why CBS apparently hates older women so much

Old 02-08-2010, 05:19 PM

13 posts, read 26,133 times
I thought they were a good time to go to the bathroom.

Old 02-08-2010, 05:21 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,506,675 times
I liked the Betty White commercial the best but she is always good. The Tebow ad showed a way to see the whole story so those who are interested can go to Focus on the Family. I thought both ads were cute.

Old 02-09-2010, 10:32 AM

5,120 posts, read 16,595,896 times
I liked the Doritos dog shock collar the best and the Doritos casket one second. Third I liked the first eTrade commercial. The rest, didn't really do much to make me laugh--which is what I'm looking for in a Superbowl commercial.

Old 02-09-2010, 10:53 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,677,220 times
I liked the doritos commercial with the little boy who says keep your hands off my momma, keep your hands off my doritos

Old 02-09-2010, 09:22 PM

8,804 posts, read 10,242,030 times
They were mostly a pile of garbage. The E-Trade babies are not cute and are not funny. The Bud Light commercials have become extremely lame and obvious. And I really don't want to see men in their underwear twice in a row, or at all.

Old 02-10-2010, 08:11 AM

3,464 posts, read 1,896,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
I liked the doritos commercial with the little boy who says keep your hands off my momma, keep your hands off my doritos

agreed...
100%...
funny as hell...
the best one...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts