Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 04:59 AM

1,921 posts, read 5,621,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
LOL... yeah, my sister & I used to make our little brother watch stuff too. That's why Garfield is also his favorite character, since I was always in control of the TV. But we did give him a few - like Power Rangers, Transformers, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Weren't we nice??
My son would have thought you were very nice, so long as he could watch the Turtles. He watched it faithfully, and I think he must have collected every doggone Turtle toy known to man! We still have them all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2006, 02:37 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,902,608 times
I was a kid in the 90's, so my cartoon heroes are the Animaniacs and Pinky & the Brain. They might not have the same "classic' status as the Looney Tunes, but they were something that most cartoons today are not....FUNNY.

Old 12-10-2006, 08:52 PM

1 posts, read 7,312 times
Default Pig cartoon character

Does anyone know the name of the cartoon pig that lived on a farm with a hillbilly family? He always drew blueprints

Old 02-03-2007, 07:19 AM

Location: Boonies of Georgia ~~~~ nuttier than a squirrel turd !
1,950 posts, read 5,159,860 times
Who was the looney toon character that was a big buzzard? Anybody remember his name ???

Old 02-03-2007, 07:47 AM

569 posts, read 1,229,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theqbaby View Post
Who was the looney toon character that was a big buzzard? Anybody remember his name ???

Are you refering to "Beaky Buzzard?"
Attached Thumbnails
Cartoon Characters-beaky1.jpg  

Old 02-03-2007, 08:26 AM

Location: Boonies of Georgia ~~~~ nuttier than a squirrel turd !
1,950 posts, read 5,159,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdbeard5 View Post
Are you refering to "Beaky Buzzard?"
Exactly !!!
Thank you so much rdbeard5. We were having a discussion last night over coctails and no one could come up with his name.

Old 02-03-2007, 08:58 AM

2,639 posts, read 3,224,661 times
Tweety Bird I taut I saw a puddy tat?

Old 02-03-2007, 07:49 PM

79 posts, read 333,692 times
Talking heck yeah cartoons!

Before I forget- ANIMAINIACS rule! Along with Pinky and the Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain... and cartoon network had a "Cow & Chicken" that I loved 'cause it reminded me of Ren & Stimpy!

But I am a product of the '80's so my loyalties lay with Smurfs, Strawberry Shortcake, He-man, She-ra, Gem and the Rockers... Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, heroes in a half-shell... Garfield & Friends... and gotta love Captain Caaaaaveman!

Currently the boyfriend and I try to watch Johnny Test and Coconut Fred's Fruit Salad Island on Saturday mornings when we can.

There just aren't good cartoons anymore... <pouting>

Old 02-03-2007, 09:32 PM

2,098 posts, read 6,329,014 times
My all-time favorite is Snoopy

I also love(d):

the entire Peanuts Gang
Winnie the Pooh and Friends
Daffy Duck
Donald Duck
Mickey Mouse and Gang
Scooby Doo
Woody Woodpecker
Bugs Bunny (just for the record, I'm a huge Looney Toons fan, but I hated Tiny Toons)
Henry Chickenhawk (foghorn leghorn's little buddy)
Foghorn Leghorn
Tom and Jerry
That dog that was always after Sylvester
Wile E. Coyote (I always wanted to see what he’d do if he caught Road Runner)
Elmer Fudd
Flintstones
Jetsons
Smurfs
Sylvester
Marvin the Martian
Buzz Buzzard
The Seahag
Popeye
Speed Racer
Dot and the Kangaroo, and Watership Down (cartoon movies…do those count?)
Oh, and for some reason that I still do not know, I can’t stand Tweety and Grandma.

Yeah, I’m old school….the only newer one’s I’ve watched (besides what my kids watched…which I couldn’t stand most of) are The Simpsons and South Park.

Old 02-03-2007, 10:39 PM

278 posts, read 802,554 times
Bugs Bunny and associates!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV