Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area
 [Register]
Eugene area Eugene - Springfield metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 07:48 PM

3 posts, read 93,437 times

Advertisements

I'm getting a heachache searching extended stay hotels on the internet. Too many priceline/orbitz, etc. junk. I know in every city I've ever been in there's always that really cheap weekly motel, even if it's not in the best part of town, etc. I'm looking for something cheap, preferably $150-$175 range per week, tax, tag & title, so-to-speak. Crack-ho free would be nice, but hey, I've lived in the ghetto so I might could even deal with that again. Anybody?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2010, 10:13 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,042,133 times
For $150-$175 you can find something pretty decent here, actually. We live here now, but back in the day when we used to come visit we always stayed at the Valley River Inn. It's in a great spot and it's roomy and clean. They allow pets, too. Eugene Hotels: Valley River Inn Eugene Oregon OR Willamette Valley University of Oregon area luxury hotels suites lodging conference center family vacations romantic weekend getaways packages weddings events restaurants

But if you really want cheap you can find rooms for less... Express Inn and Suites (Eugene, OR) - Hotel Reviews - TripAdvisor

Old 06-17-2010, 04:38 PM

Thanx. I'll definitely keep the Express Inn and Suites in mind. I checked rates, though and they're about double my $175/week. Maybe because it's summer?

Old 06-17-2010, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qazxsw View Post
Thanx. I'll definitely keep the Express Inn and Suites in mind. I checked rates, though and they're about double my $175/week. Maybe because it's summer?
What week are you coming? There are certainly some weeks where we have things going on where the rates can spike. (*ahem* ...Oregon Country Fair...)

Old 06-21-2010, 09:57 AM

weeks? Probably the whole months of June and July.

Old 06-21-2010, 08:28 PM

You might look into renting an apartment month-month if you're coming for whole months. It might be more cost efficient than a hotel or one of those extended stay places. The apartments we live in has a family from Denmark that stays here for three months every summer. These are large apartments though geared towards families and retired couples. You would probably want to find apartments that offer studio or one bedrooms if it's just yourself.

Old 06-21-2010, 08:30 PM

Boulders on the River, managed by Lorig Management Services

We have some friends who live there. They are nice apts right on the bike trail which would be a great place to stay for your visit. They have one bedrooms there and I know they have a lot of empty units right now. Maybe talk to them and see what can be arranged?

Old 09-10-2017, 02:49 PM

1 posts, read 6,640 times
My wife and I are looking for a cheap apartment or hotel to rent month to month I work full time nights we are living in a tent and having trouble finding one we would really perfure a trailer or motor home to buy on payments can anyone help or point us the way to find something please

Old 09-10-2017, 03:36 PM

2,320 posts, read 1,867,706 times
Budget? How cheap is cheap?

Now that its off season maybe you could find a deal through Airbnb or one of those vacation rent a home sites (they do a month long stays) and could at least give you some ideas or tips (as its often a realty company that manages them, or it was in the last few times we rented)-
even if just short term, it buys you time.....

working full time from a tent sounds hard- Good Luck!!!

Old 09-10-2017, 05:39 PM

939 posts, read 787,490 times
The Express Inn is between w 6th and 7th streets...noisy and lots of car fumes.

Crossland may be a better choice than the Express Inn, because it's away from main streets and and about a mile and a half from freeways...noise and smog.

Crossland may be doing some room updating which may include a full size refrigerator, or a mini.

Once you get the rates, ask for an updated room, and let them know you want to check it out before accepting.

All rooms do have a 2 burner stove and micro.

They accept two welfare-types of people who's rent is paid by taxpayers, but EI's tenants oft pay their rent by panhandling.

Lots of smoking cigs and joints (which enters your room, making it an unofficial smoking room, while theirs is smoke-free!) even though there are official state of Oregon notifications every twenty feet or so.
But then, the employees can bee seen smoking at the main entrance! You will also face stray smoke at the EI, and many other hotels.

Since many of the tenants guaranteed monthly rent is paid by the state, their rights may take precedence over yours, unless you are the all business, non-friendly type. On the other hand, if you're the easy-going-happy/jokey type, your treatment is up for grabs.

In their defense, that's pretty much how it is everywhere.

Still, if their smoke is bothering you, good luck trying to get them to follow the rules, same as the EI.

What they claim to enforce and actually do is often conflicting here as well.

They do weekly and monthly rates, but can be pretty strict about early departure refunds.

If you stay more than 29-31 days w/o a break in stay, you either get a refund on the taxes paid upon checkout, or they apply the refund to your next week or months rent, and no further taxes are taken out, either way.

Lots of hotels that offer weekly rates, force you to checkout for several days before you can check back in to avoid the tax refund issue, and so you are not a legal tenant, which makes it easier to evict undesirables.

If you get a quote on the weekly/monthly rate, ask for the rates before taxes, then divide by 7 or 31.

Click check availability button to see nightly rates.

https://gc.synxis.com/rez.aspx?Hotel=67327&Chain=18734
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area