Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area
 [Register]
Eugene area Eugene - Springfield metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2010, 06:00 PM

2 posts, read 5,347 times

Advertisements

Hi, I need to rent a house or apartment near UO (preferrably near South Eugene
High School), starting August. The question is where I can find direct owner-renter offers who can pre-arrange the deal by internet, since I'm in Brazil
and will move to Eugene by the end of this month to work in University of
Oregon for one year, and do not to have to stay in a hotel for too long (am
bringing wife and two boys with me).

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2010, 08:27 PM

18 posts, read 67,853 times
Have you checked Craig's List?

Old 07-14-2010, 10:50 AM

231 posts, read 778,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleardo View Post
Hi, I need to rent a house or apartment near UO (preferrably near South Eugene
High School), starting August. The question is where I can find direct owner-renter offers who can pre-arrange the deal by internet, since I'm in Brazil
and will move to Eugene by the end of this month to work in University of
Oregon for one year, and do not to have to stay in a hotel for too long (am
bringing wife and two boys with me).

Thanks.
There are lots of offers on craigslist. Plus you can find property management companies on Google. I would not worry too much about dealing with the property management companies. In most cases, they are MUCH more organized and professional than dealing directly with property owners. Some of them also have online payment systems which makes it even easier. I am also sure that they can set things up via the internet without a problem. I am not sure how they will handle the "credit check" process...usually they need to check your credit record here in the USA before renting to you, but since you are from Brazil, I assume you have no record here.

By the way, a one year lease is definitely not a short-term lease around this area. But I would recommend you look instead for a "month to month" lease since you will not be able to see the house before you move here. If it turns out to be not very good, you could then find a better place and move out at the end of the second month.

By the way, the pictures of the rental houses ALWAYS look much better than the actual house.

Old 07-15-2010, 07:14 PM

2 posts, read 5,347 times
Thanks for your answers.

I didn't know craiglist. I'm browsing through it now.
The short term lease that I'm looking for is exactly to
have a place for one or two months and be able to
look for a better place for a longer lease if needed.

Also, the problem with the credit checking is the
reason for considering a direct-with-owner agreement.
However, it seems that some management companies
may consider my Brazilian documentation (since I'm a
home owner here).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area
View detailed profiles of: