Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area
 [Register]
Eugene area Eugene - Springfield metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2010, 02:41 PM

2,200 posts, read 4,362,592 times

Advertisements

Made a lawyer friend in Eugene. going to try and establish big dot com company in social media. have been to Alaska four times and thought wow Oregon could be a small Alaska? with mountains. I lived in Florida for many years now since year 1992 and grew up in Upper Arlington Ohio. like to make some friends in Oregon. you can check out my profile.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2010, 03:01 PM

see news note today almost 2 Billion Internet users and only one me.

Old 10-21-2010, 02:32 AM

1,342 posts, read 2,067,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Blockus View Post
Made a lawyer friend in Eugene. going to try and establish big dot com company in social media. have been to Alaska four times and thought wow Oregon could be a small Alaska? with mountains. I lived in Florida for many years now since year 1992 and grew up in Upper Arlington Ohio. like to make some friends in Oregon. you can check out my profile.

This is what drew me to Oregon to begin with namely Portland. It has a feel like no other. Maybe like Alaska, just something different where the water was nice, people were, overall quality of life better. In order of Oregon cities I would consider Portland 1st, Bend 2nd, Eugene 3rd from how it looks.

I also am in FL currently, but looking to one day move to Oregon unless by chance my needs are heavily met in Tampa and I force myself to stay in FL, but as far as I am concerned, I am heading there once I save up enough since the issues go deeper than social connections as well.. climate and stability. People may move to Oregon from other places frequently, but its a more stable population and many try to stay forever unlike FL and that was something that drew me too vs the FL transient nature.

Old 10-22-2010, 01:43 PM

Think your right Oregon Stability. best to structure & maneuver start up corporation in a much better provisional economic situation as with Oregon.

Old 10-28-2010, 05:39 PM

1 posts, read 2,192 times
Greetings, I, my children and friends are Puerto Rican and moved to Eugene, Oregon shortly. We have never visited the city, but we love what we have seen. I'm so glad I found this forum that allows me to find a virtual community and learn more about events.

See you soon!

Old 11-05-2010, 12:22 PM

28 posts, read 78,455 times
Just an FYI, I've lived in Oregon my entire life and I'm now in Nebraska.

I've lived in Eugene and I was unimpressed. The Native Americans of old labled it Death Valley. If you suffer from allergies, than this place is not for you. A lot of meth heads and grand larceny so be careful. I lived a few blocks away from Gilham elementary and my house was in the upper class of town but the crime rate is high. Meth addicts will take anything to barter for their next high. If you insist on moving there, get an alarm and camera system. It won't hurt to own a gun either.

Old 11-08-2010, 01:28 AM

1,337 posts, read 3,278,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieniknak View Post

I've lived in Eugene and I was unimpressed. The Native Americans of old labled it Death Valley. If you suffer from allergies, than this place is not for you. A lot of meth heads and grand larceny so be careful. I lived a few blocks away from Gilham elementary and my house was in the upper class of town but the crime rate is high. Meth addicts will take anything to barter for their next high. If you insist on moving there, get an alarm and camera system. It won't hurt to own a gun either.
Crime rates are obviously VERY relative. To me, Eugene is EXTREMELY safe. To you, not so much.

meh...

Old 11-08-2010, 08:28 PM

6,825 posts, read 9,059,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieniknak View Post

Umm, OK. I can't believe you would write this about Eugene. In just two years I got to know Eugene and Oregon. I was impressed. Eugene has its problems, but so does any city. My parents were in the military in Nebraska. I've driven across the state and discovered the really amazing man-made Lake McConaughy. Nebraska is pretty much flat as a pancake. I know that Oregon is not for everyone, but your description of crime is just off the mark. It's hard to take you seriously unless you want to share some specific stories and not just generalities about how dangerous it is.

And no, you do not need a gun in Eugene.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area