Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area
 [Register]
Eugene area Eugene - Springfield metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 11:07 PM

741 posts, read 1,379,246 times

Advertisements

The manufactured community SongBrook looks wonderful. I am having a difficult time reconciling their costs- is it mortgage loan, plus property tax, plus lease fee, plus utilities, plus landscaping?

If anyone has more information on this community I would be thankful to learn about it.

Also, Willamette Towers...I've researched it and come up with conflicting information. Is it all 1 bedroom 1 bath? The .com site says pets are welcome but then a search showed 2 bedrooms 2 baths and no pets permitted?

Does it skew toward students? In any case, I can't find any vacancies there. Is there a specific broker who manages it?

Are there any rentals that would be like this? I have posted on other sites but not this specific Eugene site. I am relocating with three cats and want to either lease long term or buy a modest property. For rent I can afford up to $1200.00 and that is a stretch. I want small but nice. A gated community would be a plus and a garage (or underground parking) pretty much a deal breaker.

Thanking you for any help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2011, 10:38 PM

Could someone who knows Eugene help me out with this?

Old 01-21-2011, 11:45 AM

8,000 posts, read 17,328,019 times
The last I knew (My friend who lived there was deported) it was mostly students, but had a substantial illegal occupation also. With three cats don't expect to find many rentals. At almost half a century the building is getting rather long in the tooth.

Old 01-21-2011, 11:50 AM

639 posts, read 1,598,572 times
Willamette Towers: wait, where is this? is it on Lincoln?

SongBrook: looks really nice, I can't speak to their rental/purchasing agreements, but the neighborhood is o.k., quiet, kind of out of the way - you'll need a car to get anywhere in town. Also: it's completely away from any area where you might find any college students.

Last edited by aroseinrain; 01-21-2011 at 12:17 PM..

Old 01-21-2011, 12:23 PM

639 posts, read 1,598,572 times
if it's this one then it'll be stuffed full of college students, it's the ideal spot for college and party life:
Willamette Towers Condos | Eugene, Oregon (http://www.willamettetowers.com/location.php - broken link)

Old 01-21-2011, 04:47 PM

Thank you Steve and aroseinrain!

Old 01-23-2011, 01:06 PM

1,591 posts, read 3,425,820 times
my 2 cents...

Willamette Towers is in one of the best areas of Eugene, close to downtown, campus, and the midtown/willamette areas, but still quiet and nice. If you don't like the apartment I would advise looking for other housing in that area, there are lots of houses and apartments for rent there. Honestly I couldn't think of a better part of town to live in.

I google map'd songbrook, and not only is it inconveniently far in the outskirts of town (where there is absolutely nothing of interest except Winco and a few stores and parks) but it is in an industrial, poor, meth infested neighborhood. There are few places in town that would be worse to live, IMO.

There are lots of options in Eugene for housing, I would not even have Songbrook at the bottom of my list. I would advise looking for something closer to downtown, or if a gated community is really what you want, somewhere on the north side of the river. Honestly the crime in Eugene is not bad, gated communities are kind of redundant here.

Old 04-05-2011, 04:57 PM

1 posts, read 4,466 times
Hi Alinka,
I'm Troy Brost, the owner of SongBrook, and just ran across your post. I know nothing about Willamette Towers, but am highly biased toward SongBrook. SongBrook is a nationally acclaimed award winning community. All retail conveniences are within 1 mile of the front entry; the Eugene bus system stops at our gate as well. My advice ... come see what we have to offer for yourself or call me anytime at 541-461-4000.

Old 04-06-2011, 03:58 PM

248 posts, read 451,663 times
I have a friend who owns a unit in Willamette Towers and it is very nice. She bikes or walks most places that she needs to go. She owns the unit and I know that she did considerable work on it when she bought it but I would love living there. She has a balcony and I was surprised how quiet it is on the balcony so close to downtown.

Old 04-07-2011, 06:28 PM

4 posts, read 8,716 times
Does anyone have any comments on Crescent village? As it closer to the big move I have been thinking downtown Eugene and Willamette st. area but I just ran across the link for crescent village and it looks nice. The question is: what is out in North Eugene / Coburg?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area