Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area
 [Register]
Eugene area Eugene - Springfield metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 04:54 PM

1,204 posts, read 2,526,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by haggardhouseelf View Post
I'm always finding money in my laundry, and I am in Eugene, so I'm sure it happens to more people than just me. But I've never washed enough to start a small business with. What kind of detergent is your friend using? Perhaps I should think about switching... I'd love to open up my own tea shop.
I love this! Thank you so much for the great laugh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2011, 10:24 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,046,326 times
I also forgot to mention that you might tell your friend that there are machines now that will do the laundry for you with just the press of a few buttons so she doesn't have to do her laundry the old-school way using a pot anymore. I have some really nice high efficiency ones that are pretty awesome. I can even steam the money that falls out of my jeans if I so desire! Steamed money! Sweet.

Old 08-23-2011, 09:35 AM

114 posts, read 268,251 times
Pot or the stock market, what does it matter? Starting businesses is what matters. Jobs in a town that has a shortage of them is a good thing. Oregon could solve it budget woes by legalizing and taxing the herb. The politics of the stock-market types prevent this.

Last edited by plainbrowntabby; 08-23-2011 at 09:36 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 08-23-2011, 02:24 PM

122 posts, read 318,241 times
Well, plainbrowntabby, in my experience shadiness is not a good foundation for business. It would be great if marijuana were legal, but it's not. Money laundering as a source of small business capital is socially problematic for a number of reasons. Drug money culture is insular and paranoid. It's full of exactly the opposite of the kind of people you want, say, employing your 17yo for their first summer job. This has nothing to do with whether marijuana is healthy. I'm in favor of legalization. You'd get exactly the same kind of shady weirdness out of any kind of smugglers.

It sounds like that everyone who doesn't think this is a joke knows that it is going on. So, I think I have my answer.

Old 08-23-2011, 04:41 PM

1,591 posts, read 3,426,865 times
I think you're living in la-la land, where this is a huge thing and obvious criminals and druggies hang around in the back of all kind of stores. Honestly I don't think anyone here knows a thing about it, which is why you got goofy replies. I imagine there is some of this stuff going on, yes, but I've never seen it and I imagine no one else here has either.

Old 08-25-2011, 09:18 AM

4,828 posts, read 7,452,718 times
With medical MJ and the pot culture in Eugene, MJ is as common as a cup of coffee.
I don't think that "money laundering" with pot money goes on much at all.

Unless you call someone growing medicinal marijauna as a provider and using any money recieved to buy groceries (and getting change back) money laundering.

Old 09-01-2011, 01:32 PM

8,000 posts, read 17,333,043 times
And it is still illegal. A federal Crime in fact.

Old 09-15-2011, 02:46 PM

13 posts, read 20,556 times
Default drug money laundering in Eugene, answer.

hi, in answer to your question, there is a great deal of drug trafficking in Eugene, and especially all along the River Road/Santa Clara neighborhood area. You have a lot of methedrine production, heroine, crack cocaine, regular cocaine, and every other type of marijuana you can think of. That's why we have such a high property crime rate here.

Old 09-30-2011, 02:21 AM

48 posts, read 141,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarachan View Post
hi, in answer to your question, there is a great deal of drug trafficking in Eugene, and especially all along the River Road/Santa Clara neighborhood area. You have a lot of methedrine production, heroine, crack cocaine, regular cocaine, and every other type of marijuana you can think of. That's why we have such a high property crime rate here.

The OP says they are in Seattle. Yes, Eugene and Springfield both have an underground drug economy similar to the greater Redmond, WA area near Seattle, and also Burien, WA and the rest of South King County i.e. Sea-Tac / Federal Way / Kent / Renton / Auburn / Lynnwood / and Puyallup in Pierce Co. Probably other suburbs, too, but those are ones that I'm aware of by looking at Real Estate throughout the Seattle area. It is very sad to see the economy go down in all of the pacific NW and drugs are part of the problem.

Last edited by B97701; 09-30-2011 at 03:37 AM..

Old 11-23-2011, 01:27 PM

84 posts, read 147,922 times
I live 10 miles from the Dutch border, and no one I know, here or over in Holland, ever even talks about weed, though its freely available at about 700 establishments in Holland (and personal amounts here in Belgium are totally legal to possess). Why is that? I'm American and I can't figure out why we obsess and ratchet everything up, call weed a "drug", and all that. Can we please hit the restart button and figure out how to make America less spazzy, gun-crazy, racist, etc. Sorry, I had to vent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area