U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area
 [Register]
Eugene area Eugene - Springfield metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 03:06 PM

8,001 posts, read 14,369,620 times

Advertisements

Christianity is a faith in God, not brianwashing. Parents are responsable for teaching their children Christian values.

Old 02-07-2013, 06:09 PM

1,981 posts, read 2,507,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Pickering View Post
Christianity is a faith in God, not brianwashing. Parents are responsable for teaching their children Christian values.
WAY way to general..... "Christianity is a faith of god not brainwashing" LOL

You must be much more specific to the sect of Christianity... Certain, Christians have as much potential to be dangerous to society as any other religious sect... Just as certain sects of Muslim or Judaism... A person who straps a bomb on their chest has this same faith in god... So did the IRA as they bomb innocent people, on and on and on and on...

NONE are exempt from the slippery slope of interpretation in a faith in this "GOD"

You all think your faith is the "true" faith in "God" The righteous path.... Each and every group feels this way.. This is the root of conflict... The bloodshed, the pain, the suffering, we have endured for millennia.

Old 02-08-2013, 02:13 PM

Sorry charlie but it is what it is. Without God you are doomed.

Old 02-08-2013, 02:48 PM

2,280 posts, read 3,837,636 times
More room for you in heaven, I suppose!

Old 02-08-2013, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjpop View Post
More room for you in heaven, I suppose!

When I was campaigning for County Commissioner, a State Representative told me something after a rather testy exchange at a political forum put on by the "League of Women Voters". I think it fits here.

"Never wrestle with a pig in the mud. The pig likes it."

Old 02-08-2013, 06:14 PM

2,280 posts, read 3,837,636 times
Just a harmless comment, and you come back with an insult. How very Christian of you.

I get it--your god commands you to go out and recruit and convert. I have no problem with that at all. You want to sell your goods. But when people don't buy, or aren't members of the SPLAR*, instead of taking it in stride you resort to name calling. Not very classy. But god's not looking for classy people, he's looking for soldiers for the fight, right?

*Steve Pickering List of Approved Religions

Old 02-08-2013, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Sorry charlie but it is what it is. Without God you are doomed.
Who's GOD?
Your's, mine or the other persons.....

Their are umpteen interpretations of "god" on this planet at any given moment... Is this saying only Atheists are doomed? Or any person with a belief or faith that is different than yours?

Do you see how absolutes represent a clear and present danger for humanity...

"it is what it is"

I seeeee....

Just what does that mean? You do realize the rest of us do not live inside your brain... We actually have our on thoughts and opinion.... It was nice of you to express yours... (OPINION that is!)

The many of the world get tired of those that try to impose their absolutes on others...... You could precursor your posts with IMO, or "I believe" or something to be respectful for other belief systems.. That would be fine... Live and let live... But do not impose your beliefs on others by speaking in black white absolutes..

Spending too much time in Texas or Arizona I suppose...

Old 02-08-2013, 09:11 PM

1,620 posts, read 1,719,791 times
Quote:
When I was campaigning for County Commissioner, a State Representative told me something after a rather testy exchange at a political forum put on by the "League of Women Voters". I think it fits here.

"Never wrestle with a pig in the mud. The pig likes it."
Curious. How many terms did you serve and where?

Old 02-09-2013, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjpop View Post
Just a harmless comment, and you come back with an insult. ... ...
What insult would that be? I don't recall tossing any insults around. If I insult you, you will know it. It seems the Godless always find insult in everything. Like Christmas Trees.

Old 02-09-2013, 02:16 PM

Quote:
What insult would that be? I don't recall tossing any insults around. If I insult you, you will know it. It seems the Godless always find insult in everything. Like Christmas Trees.
"Christmas" trees are PAGAN!! The were used for celebrating Winter Solstice long before Christianity infected Europe.. Christians assimilated many Pagan traditions, in order to increase the followers of the new religion. Matter of fact many believe Christs birth was placed around Winter Solstice just to make it easier for people to acclimate to Christianity from Paganism.

(Sad, what groups so desperate for followers will do...Would that not be a lie and deception?)

So not sure what the "godless" feel about them though... Again who is that? Atheists?

Check out the data here on City data, many in Oregon are not Christian but consider themselves Spiritual.... Are all these "godless" condemnations aimed at those people? Or are you simply saying what your beliefs are "correct" and others are wrong??

Hmmm...

Do not forget the what this thread is about... being comfortable in Eugene as a Christian....Yes? Because you appear to try and impose your beliefs as facts on others is this why you needed to go to Texas and Arizona? Did you not feel comfortable when large numbers of people say "No man... That is your belief... Not mine!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area