Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area
 [Register]
Eugene area Eugene - Springfield metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2012, 01:29 PM

9 posts, read 12,868 times

Advertisements

Fear not, we are financially solvent, work remotely, vote, recycle, volunteer, and generally try not to impact the environment or social arena in negative ways. After 20 years in New Mexico and a few years stuck in Disneyland (we are from Washington and California respectively) we are looking for our "we are middle aged and want to retire to the country" home. What we want is a 5-4 bedroom (for hobbies not kids) with and something around an acre so that we might have the quiet and green we crave.

Our wish list:

Quiet, really quiet, like creepy quiet, can hear the animals in the hedgerow
Access to nature - as in don't have to drive for five hours to take a hike
Access to wholesome locally grown (organic a plus) foods
Much Cleaner air than is found in large metropolitan areas
A significantly lower UV index than 10
Temperatures over 75 degrees seen as the threat to health and happiness that they are
Green? Trees? Green hills with some trees perhaps? Think - England

We don't commute so we can live in outlaying areas such as smaller towns or villages, but we don't want to go so far out that we become any odder than we already are. Also we are not a fan of big corporate anything, so don't want to move someplace that was built up after 1980 . . . we want to see our garden out of our windows not the neighbor in their undies.

Thank you in advance for your suggestions, if you are a realtor then suggest three properties to rent while we find a home and if they fit, so do you, otherwise no thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2012, 01:32 PM

8,000 posts, read 17,334,839 times
Aneta North Dakota comes to mind.

But get back from the road a bit and you will find some of your dream in Eugene.

Old 09-13-2012, 02:44 PM

Aneta North Dakota, hrmmm, a bit too prairie for me, but it was fun to read about the turkey roast . . .

Old 09-13-2012, 05:51 PM

3,391 posts, read 7,161,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by celinehermain View Post
if you are a realtor then suggest three properties to rent while we find a home and if they fit, so do you, otherwise no thank you.
Sorry, City-Data doesn't permit real estate recommendations of any kind. People are welcome to send you DMs, but no recommendations in the forums.

Old 09-13-2012, 08:47 PM

Oh I don't want house recommendations, rather I want to avoid them : ) It seemed nicer to ask for something no one would take the time to do than say "don't bother me please".
It is more generalized information I am after, I am sorry if I gave the wrong impression!

Old 09-13-2012, 08:49 PM

3,391 posts, read 7,161,310 times
Perfect!

Old 09-17-2012, 08:54 AM

6,066 posts, read 15,047,844 times
Check out the coast... perhaps a woodsy area in the coast range... Look at Google maps along the coast (use satellite view not street view)....

I love Manzanita, Nehalem, around that area. But there are plenty of Oregon spaces that would prolly float your boat.

Happy hunting!

Old 09-21-2012, 10:00 AM

I want to be further away from the Portland Metro (or any metro area) area at than those (doubtlessly charming) towns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area