Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area
 [Register]
Eugene area Eugene - Springfield metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2007, 10:37 AM

12 posts, read 30,861 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me what the job market is like in Eugene, OR? I am a business professional and am hoping to live somewhere in Oregon that offers both affordable living and job potential.

We are looking to relocate to Oregon from the East Coast (my parents live in Florence, OR and I'm originally from the SF Bay Area) and are having a difficult time determining where is the best place to live for the best of both worlds.

I absolutely love Portland, but my husband is concerned with the drug problem there, especially while raising our children.

Any suggestions???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2007, 04:42 PM

1,845 posts, read 6,853,538 times
The job market is okay. You'll need to go out and apply many places. You've just got to work to find a job is all.
Drug problems exist just about anywhere in the USA. Small cities and big cities have drug problems. Oregon is working on cutting it down with some new programs.

Old 11-24-2007, 08:27 PM

19 posts, read 188,124 times
Drugs are EVERYWHERE, in EVERY town. Before I moved to Eugene I lived in a small town of around 19K people and they drug problem was BAD. If you surround yourself with good people who don't use drugs, then you definately won't have a problem at all. The biggest thing for me to get used to in Eugene was the homeless people (bums, beggars, or whatever you want to call them). We didn't have ANY people (in my home town) living on the streets and begging for money on the corners, but that is everywhere in Eugene and Portland both.

When we first moved to Eugene, my husband put in an application for work, and was hired the next day. So it is hard for me to say if it would be that hard for you to find work. It is a good size city, with lots of businesses, with lots of employees.

The Eugene/Florence area is BEAUTIFUL, Lane County is the most amazing place I have ever lived.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area