U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area
 [Register]
Eugene area Eugene - Springfield metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2013, 04:11 PM

2 posts, read 1,766 times

Advertisements

Howdy. I'm looking to move (from out of state) to Eugene and rent.

I fancy being close to downtown (there's so much cool stuff going on here), but also want the balance of living somewhere quiet with a low probability of anyone being on/near my property that shouldn't, or panhandling.. etc.

Friendly seems nice and I hear favorable things of it on this forum. Is the North Friendly area (near where it ends @18th) still nice? Or its it really worthwhile to look at something closer to 25th? Somehow I feel that another 5 blocks south of 18th could make a considerable difference. Closer to 18th seems to be significantly cheaper, so I wonder if that's a coincidence. Am I splitting hairs?

I also like the hilyard st area @25th+ over there in Amazon, but being close to the market in Friendly is really appealing.

I've have found many options through the various sites suggested on this forum, so no issues there.. just sorting what to pick. This forum (along with driving around, talking to local folks and friends) have helped me focus in better where I'd like to live.

Thanks for any advice. "Friendly" is a bit tougher to search on, being that its used outside the context of the neighborhood's name. :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2013, 04:15 PM

8,001 posts, read 14,442,014 times
I think you will like anywhere south of 18th. Not so sure rentals are all that available though.

Old 02-11-2013, 04:22 PM

2 posts, read 1,766 times
Thanks Steve! South of 18th seems to be a common guideline from folks I've spoken to or read from (including yourself). Just didn't know if living on right there on the "cusp" was worth avoiding for higher rent.

Old 02-12-2013, 02:06 PM

22,706 posts, read 28,744,369 times
The best way to keep people off your property is a fence. It doesn't even have to be a tall fence, just mark the property line.

If people are in the street or on the sidewalk, that's their right, as long as they stay off your property.

Old 02-13-2013, 08:12 PM

281 posts, read 588,493 times
I think you may find more rentals in Amazon, and in some ways it's more desirable as it's closer to shopping, UofO, the pool, park, etc. The Friendly neighborhood is more quiet, and also quite desirable. As Steve mentioned, you'll be fine south of 18th, I would also recommend staying east of Chambers and avoid houses on 28th as it's a very busy road.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area