Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area
 [Register]
Eugene area Eugene - Springfield metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2017, 03:13 PM

1 posts, read 815 times

Advertisements

I live in Cottage Grove and I love it here. the people are very friendly and I've never felt more welcomed in any neighborhood I've ever lived in. In July they have Bohemia Mining Days were they celebrate the towns history with lots of things to do on that week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2017, 06:04 PM

36 posts, read 43,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Cohen566 View Post
As for low crime rate in Cottage Grove I can go either way there is a lot of property theft there isn't much work here or anybody other than a few guys working in a few Mills are making any money but that doesn't justify one second for the punk ass thieves in this Retirement Resort town and there's not ton of them but the ones there are cover a lot of ground. As for the violent crimes I'd venture to say that low if not lower than your average town of this size. The police in all reality fairly reasonable group of guys that we have currently. But we've gone through a barrage of crappy police officers in the 41 years I've lived here. But here's the deal buy piece of property just on the outskirts of town so you're not paying a ridiculous in-town property tax and the ridiculous water bill because water in all reality is lousy and it's about three times as much as it should be so if you get a place on the outskirts of town you're not paying me to get property tax and you get it on well or Goodwill and you get a good watchdog and keep the Watchdog on your property and you're good to go that's live in the live and if you live up like the rain further out you are the closer you already Eugene ideal area probably real reasonable property prices the schools are banging really good in a positive way pretty nice as for the people they're nice for the most part but if they're not retiring they're lazy and most families real comfortable living off welfare and food stamps and free medical and dental for the rest of their lives content. As for place to retire it would be potentially an excellent place as to grow up in and if you're looking for any excitement you're looking in the wrong town. I don't know the exact numbers but I'm going to bed that are obesity and overweight percentage is 10% or better than the average count of the same size but if you're bringing somebody that you already love here and your excitement is outdoor activities with that person your options are Unlimited and there's no better place to live. We have a couple pretty nice legs but they're lame you can't even drink a beer and fish off the shore no alcohol alcohol allowed at either the legs so anybody that anyone find a spot up and down the rivers and the rivers are all better cleaner and everything else than the legs are that's the lights are pretty nothing going on there people from out of town no locals we go find all the hundreds of awesome swim holes up and down the rivers and that there is. You can hunt mushrooms all year around which can be fun. Everybody knows anyone who's been with anyone else so if you're from the age 18 to 50 the odds of you coming across someone you haven't met out of the blue are almost next to none any day of the week. I feel there's a fairly High homosexual rate in this town mostly in part of the average female is obese or overly obese that's not an opinion you compare our population of obese and overweight people and percentage to Eugene OR probably double corn-fed cowgirls popping out tons of children most of them the government houses and almost all of them the government feeds them or community Food Banks or Community dinners at churches there's some real lousy people that were once parents living here they don't take care of their children and continue to have more. And this is just a faxes I find them good luck hope that helped your friend David Cohen move to Cottage Grove we need more good people happy people
much of this is true. i was shocked when i moved here to see how fat the average female is in this town.
drive by the high school & you will see tons (literally) of very overweight girls...many pushing strollers full of their offspring that the government is paying them to raise, house, & feed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area