Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area
 [Register]
Eugene area Eugene - Springfield metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2013, 01:08 PM

2 posts, read 1,908 times

Advertisements

Relocating.... Where should we live? We don't care if the people around us like nudity and smoking pot, hahaha!

Old 04-18-2013, 03:04 PM

56 posts, read 123,620 times
Eugene is a great place for nudity and pot smoking. Medford feels more like the CA suburbs.

Old 04-18-2013, 06:20 PM

8,000 posts, read 17,267,789 times
I would go for Melford. We could use some new towns in Oregon.

I don't have an issue with Nudity, but there is a reason they call pot dope, and dope is for dopes.

Old 04-19-2013, 02:53 PM

3,633 posts, read 6,145,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Pickering View Post
I don't have an issue with Nudity, but there is a reason they call pot dope, and dope is for dopes.
Our federal government has encouraged misinformation about marijuana for decades. Even our WA state attorney general supported legalization. When I lived in Davis, CA, there were several instances of college students dying of alcohol poisoning. It is practically impossible for a person to die from marijuana toxicity. Adults can be responsible users of marijuana, and adults can be irresponsible users of alcohol, prescription drugs, tobacco, hard drugs, and automobiles. Blanket statements to the contrary are not facts, they are opinions. Scientific research, of which there is a growing supportive body, is fact, not opinion.

"As one who has been entrusted with maintaining the public's safety, I strongly believe--and most people agree--that our laws should punish people who do harm to others. But by banning the use of marijuana and punishing individuals who merely possess the substance, it is difficult to see what harm we are trying to prevent. From my own work and the experiences of other members of the law enforcement community, it is abundantly clear that marijuana is rarely, if ever, the cause of disruptive or violent behavior. That marijuana causes very little social harm is reason enough in a free society to legalize it for adults. But as Steve, Paul, and Mason so brilliantly demonstrate in this book, an even more persuasive reason is that by prohibiting marijuana we are steering people toward a substance that far too many people already abuse, namely alcohol."--Norm Stamper, former Chief of the Seattle Police Department

review of Marijuana is Safer: So Why Are We Driving People to Drink?: Steve Fox, Paul Armentano, Mason Tvert, Norm Stamper: 9781603581448: Amazon.com: Books

Old 04-21-2013, 02:44 PM

1,069 posts, read 1,042,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Pickering View Post
I see they may allow PTSD Medical MJ . I have carried for 40 plus years and I don't smoke the stuff either. If and when I ever did I would never have carried. In Arizona they add 10 years to your sentence if you do. Come to think of it there is a lot I don't do so I keep my rights.

Personal freedom and breaking the law are two different things.
You completely evaded the topic at hand by bringing up carrying whilst using illegal substances. That was never the topic of discussion the matter of bearing arms was simply used as a comparative. As for personal freedom, I never said personal freedom and breaking the law were the SAME thing I'm simply pointing out the fact that some laws infringe on personal freedoms and even contradict the constitution.

Old 04-21-2013, 03:09 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,561,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceoutdi View Post
smoking pot, hahaha!
I'm not sure what the joke is, but you might take it elsewhere. Thread has been closed...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area
View detailed profiles of: