Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area
 [Register]
Eugene area Eugene - Springfield metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2014, 03:23 PM

2,634 posts, read 3,678,761 times

Advertisements

Please don't tell me to do my homework. I am at the end of my rope. I want to know if there are any apartment complexes in the "Friendly" neighborhood in Eugene.

My problem is this: If I type, into my search engine, "Friendly neighborhood" (and, of course, I've typed in "Oregon and Eugene" first) -- what I get are "friendly neighborhoods" or "pet-friendly neighborhoods".

Is there ANYONE who lives in Eugene who can tell me if there are apartment complexes in Friendly? I will MOST grateful. You don't even have to come up with the web sites for the complexes. I just want to know if there are apt. complexes there. [Of course, I'd be grateful for any other details you may throw in. ]

And when I move to Eugene, I'll take you (and your SO, if you have one) out to dinner at the place of your choosing. I am NOT kidding. I promise. I WILL NOT forget. So help me! And if you PM me, I'll exchange phone numbers with you so that we will know how to get a hold of each other. (PS -- I'm not moving to Eugene until June.)

(Can you tell I'm STRESSED? LOLOLOLOLOL You have NO idea how much time I've spent on this.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2014, 04:13 PM

1,620 posts, read 2,286,876 times
I can't help you personally, but perhaps you can find help at one of these links. Good luck.

http://www.friendlyareaneighbors.org/

https://www.facebook.com/FriendlyNeighborsForum

Eugene, OR Website - Friendly Area Neighborhood

Old 02-06-2014, 04:59 PM

8,000 posts, read 17,263,004 times
Here is a link. Why Friendly? http://www.friendlyareaneighbors.org/ Map of Friendly Neighborhood with major streets - Eugene, OR

I lived there for sometime before I moved to Independence. Been there on and off since 63. Not one of Eugenes better neighborhoods. There are a few, very few, smaller welfare apartments, but even the students don't want them.

Old 02-07-2014, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Pickering View Post
Here is a link. Why Friendly? http://www.friendlyareaneighbors.org/ Map of Friendly Neighborhood with major streets - Eugene, OR

I lived there for sometime before I moved to Independence. Been there on and off since 63. Not one of Eugenes better neighborhoods. There are a few, very few, smaller welfare apartments, but even the students don't want them.
Strange -- I heard it one of the best neighborhoods. So while you're being so helpful -- and my offer for dinner still stands (REALLY) -- what are the good neighborhoods close to DT Eugene? Thanks.

Old 02-07-2014, 06:22 PM

56 posts, read 123,596 times
It's a good neighborhood. I don't see a problem with wanting to move there.

Here's a map from the Friendly Area Neighbors. Map of Friendly Neighborhood with major streets - Eugene, OR

Also: http://www.friendlyareaneighbors.org/

This will give you streets to search for apartments on.

Old 02-08-2014, 11:49 AM

Same map I posted, and there are still not a lot of good apartments there. Just a little further east on Polk and 16th around the Fair grounds there are a lot of apartments to be had and the drug use is minimal in that area.

Old 02-12-2014, 03:30 PM

I'm sorry I'm so late in getting back to all of you. Thank you SO much for your help. I appreciate it more than you know. (No takers for dinner? That's all right. I wouldn't want to have dinner with me either.)

Old 02-12-2014, 04:30 PM

I am always up for a free dinner. If you want some apartment names I can provide them.

Old 02-12-2014, 04:38 PM

4,059 posts, read 5,590,932 times
I like Friendly, but as others have said, it's not really an apt. neighborhood - mostly SFH.

I wouldn't want to live right on Chambers or 18th, but I'm not sure why Steve doesn't like it. Most of the neighborhoods tucked in there are decent to nice.

Old 02-12-2014, 04:49 PM

I lived there from 2000 to 2004. It has issues. It used to be nice. Actually I was two blocks south in a better part of the almost downtown area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area
View detailed profiles of: