Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area
 [Register]
Eugene area Eugene - Springfield metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2016, 09:19 PM

29 posts, read 24,166 times

Advertisements

RIVER ROAD, EUGENE, OREGON INFO:
As of 2017, there will be a 5-lane highway on RIVER road, EUGENE, OREGON.
Anyone living off of River road, or on River road, will be affected. People coming to Eugene, Oregon, to buy houses,land, or rent,should be forewarned. There is a noisy, smoggy,4-lane now, on River rd, and the houses ect. on that road, will have sidewalks destroyed, trees gone, and mail-boxes gone, as the city and county(Lane) of Eugene widens the 4 lane to 5.
No sidewalks, or trees, or space in front of places, on River road will, affect the land and house-values .As it is, the land value has gone down,but the taxes for the same land has gone UP.

Please contact the city of Eugene and Lane county for more information. Inhabitants of RIVER ROAD HAVE JUST RECEIVED THE INFO. AS OF "ENVISION EUGENE"(THE PROGRAM IS LISTED WITH INFO. AT THE CITY AND COUNTY SITE ONLINE).THOSE WANTING TO READ THE COMPLETE "ENVISION EUGENE" MAY READ IT ONLINE. THANK YOU.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2016, 04:12 PM

5,444 posts, read 7,740,196 times
When I grew up along River Road in the 1970s it was 2-lane with long rows of mature fir trees running along each side between the sidewalks and the road. I remember when they chopped down all those wonderful Douglas fir trees to widen to 4 lane around 1980? and it has never been the same place since. How much worse can they make it by going to 5 lane?

Old 04-16-2016, 07:02 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,589,229 times
The people who plan these projects do so to promote their own careers. My own street was once a narrow, blacktop lane that ended a block away. Now, there's a through connector with 50 times as much traffic that goes twice as fast. Crime has increased greatly and the air and noise pollution is high. And this has raised tax assessments, while actual sale values have dropped.

The people on River Rd. have fought annexation into the City of Eugene for years, but forced projects like this make it difficult to successfully continue their opposition. I favor a complete moratorium on the expansion of all roadways for motor vehicles. That might put a lot of people on bicycles, when the traffic jams get worse. The line has to be drawn somewhere. If such things keep being imposed, eventually our town will no longer be a livable place.

I'll bet if a survey were taken, that 95% of the people who promote and carry out such projects, come from other places. When they get here, they try to turn our homeland into the kind of place they came here to escape.

Old 05-18-2016, 03:48 PM

66 posts, read 110,030 times
I can't find anything online about the project. Do you have a link?

That road is heavily used and a lot of construction has been going in out that way, it doesn't surprise me, but I would like to read what you are referring to and there isn't anything online that I can find.

Old 05-19-2016, 06:10 AM

958 posts, read 1,147,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post

I'll bet if a survey were taken, that 95% of the people who promote and carry out such projects, come from other places. When they get here, they try to turn our homeland into the kind of place they came here to escape.
You would lose that bet. There are plenty of oregonians who want this kind of growth: politicians, developers, chamber of commerce types, etc. Blaming it all on out of staters is inaccurate, provincial, and will not help your cause. Check out how many posts on this board oppose the ugb, for example. Are they all from non natives?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area
View detailed profiles of: