Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area
 [Register]
Eugene area Eugene - Springfield metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 01:44 AM

2 posts, read 10,745 times

Advertisements

Thanks, everyone. I called UO housing and they're going to get back to me next week; in the meanwhile, it has been helpful to have the neighborhoods narrowed down. : )

I'll be heading to Eugene in two weeks for a reconnaissance mission...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2007, 07:05 PM

353 posts, read 503,714 times
Eugene is a breathtakingly beautiful city and close enough to the coast, the mountains, and Portland to be very convenient. But, wow, I mean, BYOB. Bring your own Brikenstocks! That city is a little shocking for a good ol' suburban Colorado boy like myself. I never lived there--but to do so would certainly take a cultural adjustment of substantial proportions to fit in depending on where you're from. Austin, San Francisco, Portland, Seattle would probably acclimate you culturally for Eugene. But Denver, Colorado Springs, Middle America? Wow. Just wow.

Old 05-21-2007, 02:45 PM

8 posts, read 33,297 times
Johhny,
If you lived in Eugene for 15 years, what is your opinion on another poster's comment about poor air quality?
thanks!

Old 05-22-2007, 02:52 PM

2 posts, read 7,990 times
Default Springfield

I am helping my brother relocate to the area from CA. He has a job in Eugene off of 5th St. and is looking for a safe and quite place to live that is an easy commute. Max rent $700/mo. His new co-workers had recommended Springfield. He is definitely not into parties/loud music, etc. Can anyone help with details about Springfield or another area that may be close by?

Thanks in advance for the info!

Old 05-22-2007, 08:43 PM

1,920 posts, read 2,779,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawlings View Post
Eugene is a breathtakingly beautiful city and close enough to the coast, the mountains, and Portland to be very convenient. But, wow, I mean, BYOB. Bring your own Brikenstocks! That city is a little shocking for a good ol' suburban Colorado boy like myself. I never lived there--but to do so would certainly take a cultural adjustment of substantial proportions to fit in depending on where you're from. Austin, San Francisco, Portland, Seattle would probably acclimate you culturally for Eugene. But Denver, Colorado Springs, Middle America? Wow. Just wow.
Quite agree. I lived there for years. First time I saw chicks with arm pit hair, and proud of it. Still, Always felt like I was visiting another country. But disagree a little bit with ya. Nothing can prepare you for Eugene. It has fantastic bike trails, one of the most beautiful College campus in the country. They Love Football Ducks like you boys in the south. Its close to the Ocean. The Girls are hot (except for the ones with arm pit hair). Im a liberal, so I fit in. If you have one good thing to say about Bush....I recommend you look somewhere else. IF you are conservative, move to Springfield, which connects to Eugene. The Community College has always ranked in the top 5 in the nation. You are close to the Coast, hiking, biking. If you like to party, don't forget that the movie Animal house was filmed there, and for good reason. You are 1.5 hours from Portland, but I never found a reason to go there. I could get every thing I wanted from Eugene.

Old 05-23-2007, 01:30 PM

2 posts, read 7,990 times
Default Where is the Washburne District?

Hi All - can someone please tell me where the Washburne District is in Springfield?

Thanks so much!

Old 05-23-2007, 06:45 PM

22 posts, read 103,669 times
MzzBelle:
Air quality has impoved over the years after they banned open field burning north of town. (The Willamette Valley is the grass seed capital of the world.) However, that said, air quality still ain't the greatest. Being in a valley, air inversion put a "cap" on air movement both in summer and sometimes in winter. The abundant rain, however, serves to keep the air clean, but inversions *can* last for weeks at a time. Clear as mud?

RSuzu:
The Washburne district is a historically designated neighborhood just north of downtown Springfield. You will signs designating the area on the street sign poles. Cute "cottagey" homes; some are renovated and nice and others need help.

Old 05-23-2007, 06:46 PM

22 posts, read 103,669 times
P.S.: Allergies can be a real problem in Eugene in the spring and early summer. The abundant cottonwoods along the two rivers pump out massive amounts of pollen.

Old 06-04-2007, 12:28 AM

24 posts, read 79,867 times
Default The Glenwood is the cafe next to 7-11

Also have a place at 27th and Willamette. Breakfast til 5:00, great omelets and potatoes.

Old 06-04-2007, 06:42 AM

1,920 posts, read 2,779,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonaly View Post
Also have a place at 27th and Willamette. Breakfast til 5:00, great omelets and potatoes.
I had first date with my wife at the Glenwood, We had some fantastic cheesecake. We have been together 15 years in January.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area