U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area
 [Register]
Eugene area Eugene - Springfield metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2009, 04:17 PM

1 posts, read 2,167 times

Advertisements

Hi there..would appreciate any input/feedback from local folks on the Lane County Fair. We're currently selling at the Montana Fair in Billings and the attendance and sales are down substantially over last year. We were originally going to take the next 2 weeks off, but with our sales down 50% here from last year (all vendors are really down) we're looking to fill in with a fair next week.

We sell a natural product (that we developed based on personal experience) that is amazing for psoriasis/eczema and another for fibromyalgia/chronic fatigue etc. And we guarantee it 100%. I don't mean this to be a commercial, I just say that to get feedback on how local Eugene folks think we & our product might be received at the Lane County Fair.

We have sold at the barter fair at Oregon Country Fair in 2008/2009 and done amazing in just those few hours, but I know the audiences may be very different.

Any input would be much appreciated....how is the economy in Eugene...if anyone who reads this post is a vendor we'd appreciate any insight on your experience at the fair.

Between gas RT & the booth (not counting product costs) it will cost us about $1500 just to start out...if we do as well daily as we did at the OCF we can help a lot of people and come out ahead and it will be well worth tearing down here in Billings and driving all night to get to Eugene in time....but if sales are normally slow there we may make a different decision.

Thanks for your insights...

Much thanks and Here's to Your Health!
Ashli
URTH
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2009, 11:44 PM

2,178 posts, read 4,847,345 times
Default the Fair

I'm wondering if you decided to go to the Fair, since it's going on now. A lot of people here are hurting for money... If I'd been to this forum sooner than today, I would have told you that in my opinion, your attendance may not be profitable. Word on the retailer street is that most people are shopping online & want to pay less in person than they would online, altho the "bargain" is what "rules"...

Best of luck & let us know what you decided to do, etc! You've had a lot of people look at your post, so I know alot of people will look again - post a link for yourself.

Old 08-21-2009, 10:40 AM

6,034 posts, read 13,136,122 times
I've been curious how the numbers are doing, too. Last year they didn't do too well, and they were thinking that this year the numbers would be even lower. I think they even reduced the admission cost because of this? I think I read that in the paper... hmmm...

I'm not really into the fairs at all, but my husband and boys want to go (they like the food) so we're probably going to go this evening. We went during the day to the fair last time and it wasn't much fun. Too hot, dusty, everything looked dirty... I think it will be more pleasant as the sun sets - a bit cooler, the darkness will hide a lot of the dirty, and with things lit up it might feel magical.

Does anyone know if you need cash for the midway (area where you play games for cheap prizes?) or if they take tickets there? My guys want to do that, too...

Old 08-21-2009, 12:12 PM

231 posts, read 709,755 times
I am on the fence about attending the Lane County Fair also. I guess it seems like a big traditional thing to do, but my impression is also that it is very country-farm-ish and not really what I am interested in. Plus the fact that the musical headliner is Roy Clark, a country music guy who I would not have been interested in seeing 30 years ago, much less now.

The Eugene Celebration sounds more interesting. I have never attended it, but the general gist of the ads and the website seems ok. Eugene Celebration -- September 4-6, 2009 -- Eugene, Oregon

Old 08-22-2009, 12:31 AM

Hey Mr. E...

We ended up not going to the fair this evening. We went and saw a movie at VRC instead. I feel that we saved a bit of money and are better off for it.

I've been interested in the Eugene Celebration, too. I'd like to see the competition and coronation of the slug queen! Now that's something different... something you don't see or hear about every day!

I used to want to check out the Oregon Country Fair... because I do like the Saturday Market and the holiday market every year and Clayfest (LOVE clayfest!) and I sort of had the feeling that the OCF might be similar, just more elaborate and weird... but then I saw pictures and there were a bunch of naked muddy people jiggling around and well... I'm not that liberal... I can appreciate weirdness but it seems a little too weird for me. I don't know if I'd feel too comfortable around that kinda stuff. Maybe before I was a boring married mom! Anyway...

I feel bad for the LCF, though. I wonder if they are even going to try to have it again next year?

Old 08-22-2009, 09:29 PM

I just had a thought - they should combine the LCF with the Eugene Celebration. Just combine it making it one event held at the same time. The weather is nicer, usually, in late September (meaning, not as hot? Maybe?) and more people would feel inclined to attend.

Old 08-23-2009, 11:23 AM

2,178 posts, read 4,847,345 times
Default Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by haggardhouseelf View Post
I just had a thought - they should combine the LCF with the Eugene Celebration. Just combine it making it one event held at the same time. The weather is nicer, usually, in late September (meaning, not as hot? Maybe?) and more people would feel inclined to attend.

Right on track. How can this manifest itself?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area