Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area
 [Register]
Eugene area Eugene - Springfield metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2009, 11:25 AM

5 posts, read 25,375 times

Advertisements

I see train tracks in Sweet Home. I found the name of the train line on the internet, but the company will not respond when I ask if and how often the train actually runs through town. Since I'm interested in finding a home there, do I need to find a house distant enough from the track, or is it an issue there at all?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2009, 11:51 AM

4,923 posts, read 11,188,781 times
Just a thought...call city hall and ask how often the train runs. Someone there will have a good idea.

It's a small town...someone there will help you.

Old 09-20-2009, 06:02 PM

11,251 posts, read 11,022,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jewel1 View Post
I see train tracks in Sweet Home. I found the name of the train line on the internet, but the company will not respond when I ask if and how often the train actually runs through town. Since I'm interested in finding a home there, do I need to find a house distant enough from the track, or is it an issue there at all?
Don't quote me on this one, but I believe the line is owned by the Portland and Western. It might see 2-3 switch jobs operating on it a week. It is not a through line. The carrier will not answer a question like that as there is no set schedule attatched to it. It is simply there to serve the small industries in the area. If you are a movie buff, I believe it was along that stretch of track in which they filmed the railroad scenes for Stand By Me.

Old 09-03-2011, 08:58 PM

1 posts, read 2,271 times
hello, I have just purchased a home in Sweet Home Oregon, and was so excited that I didn't really look around to see how I could come from California to Sweet home without driving which we did when we visited... I am worried now that if I fly from California to Eugene and I don't rent a car how do I get to Sweet home Oregon where our house is?, is there bus?, taxi? train? How do I get there if I am unable to rent a car, is there some sort of transportation that will get me to my new beautiful home? should I be worried? did I do something wrong? help guide me please!

Old 09-03-2011, 11:20 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
You bought a house without considering how you would actually get to it?

Anyway, one option is to take the train/bus from Eugene to Albany, then from there take the Linn Shuttle to Sweet Home, and I guess hope it stops somewhere near where your house is. AFAIK Sweet Home doesn't really have any public transportation to speak of (I don't see how the town could support it - it has a very small population and there's really not much of anywhere to go).

You'll be able to get there, but I'd be a little more concerned with how you're going to access basic necessities without a car.

Old 09-04-2011, 04:38 AM

21,695 posts, read 28,446,688 times
The closest AmTrack station is 30 miles away in Albany. You could check out this website for a bus between Albany and Sweet Home.

US Bus Station - Sweet Home Dial-a-bus in Sweet Home Oregon

You have to manouver the site a bit. Click on Bus Schedule when you see it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area