Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area
 [Register]
Eugene area Eugene - Springfield metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2013, 03:48 PM

1 posts, read 968 times

Advertisements

Eugene sounds perfect for our family. I have my ba an was going to get my masters what are the most available jobs. How is teaching or working in the schools. Is it hard to get in. My hisband is hesitant because of jobs. He works in audio visual is their work for that in eugene. We are in san diego an I really don't like it here. I grew up in the northwest in spokane washington but he grew up in vegas. We both want to raise our kids in a different environment than california. Any thoughts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2013, 05:06 PM

939 posts, read 781,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjen View Post
Eugene sounds perfect for our family. I have my ba an was going to get my masters what are the most available jobs. How is teaching or working in the schools. Is it hard to get in. My hisband is hesitant because of jobs. He works in audio visual is their work for that in eugene. We are in san diego an I really don't like it here. I grew up in the northwest in spokane washington but he grew up in vegas. We both want to raise our kids in a different environment than california. Any thoughts.

Craigslist is probably a good start for him seeking Help Wanteds in his field, and also for him placing an ad of his own as well. Posting any of his audio-visual work/achievements on YouTube is a potential resume of sorts.

Sounds like you're set on Eugene. If not, what don't you like about raising your kids in San Diego's and/or California's environment? The weather, air quality, roadways, traffic, terrain, people, wages, prices, diversity, taxes, school system, earthquakes, accents? You'll happily receive more accurate suggestions on this part of your thread if you state what you're trying to change, if in fact you are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area