Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area
 [Register]
Eugene area Eugene - Springfield metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2010, 11:30 AM

2 posts, read 4,671 times

Advertisements

hello to all....i have been reading the forums and i am getting a little bummed here, i want to give my family a better life away from the racisim,politicial bs,murder, ect..I feel in my heart i need to come to oregon,lol dont know why..ive never been here.... i am going to take a leap of faith. i am a ase certified mechanic so i was wondering about local repair shops and dealerships...as far as recreation i already know about the usual hiking fishing,ect...i am a avid motorsports guy.4x4s,drag racing,car shows,motorcycles and fourwheelers..is there any places there that participate in these activities...also i am looking for affordable housing..the average here is 130k and its is alot of house in a decent neighborhood way outside the metro area...i currently drive an hr one way to work so little outskirt areas dont bother me...i just want to stay in lane county..the crime sounds petty here mostly theft and drugs..compared to streetgangs and murders....last week i had to pull my handgun and hold a guy until the police came...the guy was beating a lady trying to get her purse....i am done with this crap.
i have been looking on craigslist and have seen mobile homes for sale reasonable...would these be considered bad areas,i have a 2 year old girl to think about here and i just want her to be safe...thank yall for the help,info,advice...it will be greatly appriciated,also are there any areas i should never go to in eugene springfield areas as well?? thanks again
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2010, 09:42 PM

3 posts, read 8,774 times
this is a really great area to raise your daughter! There are tons of nice parks, miles of bike paths plenty of random things to do... not much crime mostly tweakers stealing stuff ect, although its not hugely diverse mostly everyone is pretty friendly. great libarys in both eugene and spfld, public pools, beach is an hour, mountians closer, portland 1 1/2 hrs. Very green!! butif you have allergies you re screwd lol. Also unempolyment is really bad here so try to make contact b4 you come out otherwise it may be awhile before you work

Old 03-02-2010, 09:45 PM

3 posts, read 8,774 times
you dont want to be living in the S mill st area of spfld or the 1-6th st washington jefferson area of eugene. veneta is worth looking into as well as creswell

Old 03-06-2010, 07:30 PM

2 posts, read 4,671 times
thanks guys..are there any auto repair shops around there???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Eugene area