U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 01-03-2014, 02:09 PM
 
Location: Leeds, UK
22,243 posts, read 24,435,523 times
Reputation: 8649

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaroW View Post
Wrong!
How so? I would like to hear your explanation. If your have any sources that claim otherwise, I'd genuinely be interested in seeing them.

 
Old 01-03-2014, 02:19 PM
 
821 posts, read 727,217 times
Reputation: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
How so? I would like to hear your explanation. If your have any sources that claim otherwise, I'd genuinely be interested in seeing them.
Just check all maps!
There is a difference between Eastern and Western UK, between England/ Scotland/ Ireland/ Wales, but there is NO difference between Southern and Northern England.

Last edited by Rozenn; 01-03-2014 at 06:06 PM.. Reason: Rude
 
Old 01-03-2014, 02:40 PM
 
Location: Leeds, UK
22,243 posts, read 24,435,523 times
Reputation: 8649
Which maps are you looking at? They seem to be different depending on the source.





The difference is mostly between eastern and western areas, but a difference exists between southern and northern areas.

I live in northern England, by the way. Blonde hair in Yorkshire (northern England) is definitely more common than south-east or south-west England, and more common than London, definitely.
 
Old 01-03-2014, 02:47 PM
 
Location: Viseu, Portugal 510 masl
2,472 posts, read 2,084,821 times
Reputation: 934
I would say the netherlands, but I'm no expert in neither of those countries
 
Old 01-03-2014, 02:53 PM
 
831 posts, read 2,814,215 times
Reputation: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
Did you really? Redheads are more common in northern England and I don't see more redheads than blonde-haired people on a daily basis.

Those Dutch students wouldn't look out of place in England. You need to keep in mind that the average person has no interest in ethnicity or genetics - a Brit in England would not be able to pick out a Dutchman. They might be able to pick out a Spaniard or an Italian due to the darker skin tone, but that's it. Any differences that exist are not easily distinguishable to most people, unless you're some sort of ethnic-crazed freak (such as yourself).

Also, none of your posts are actually factual - they contain cherry-picked images from the internet. That is not proof of anything - I hope you're aware of this.
they look considerably different ...more so as a group.. nowhere in england people is that blond. Dutch are as a whole much taller, slender looking and blonde haired than english people. English people are more similar in appearance to norther french.
 
Old 01-03-2014, 02:55 PM
 
831 posts, read 2,814,215 times
Reputation: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarzan_taborda View Post
I would say the netherlands, but I'm no expert in neither of those countries
northern france is more similar to Uk and even belgium is. Dutch people are much closer to scandinavians (specially danish) or even germans (specially those from the north)than they are to english people.
 
Old 01-03-2014, 02:56 PM
 
Location: Leeds, UK
22,243 posts, read 24,435,523 times
Reputation: 8649
Dutch people are definitely taller, but the difference is not significant.

What you are saying is just crap, sorry. You have carefully selected images to try and prove your (terribly misguided) point, but absolutely nothing with substance. Continue to live in your own fantasy world.
 
Old 01-03-2014, 03:00 PM
 
821 posts, read 727,217 times
Reputation: 258


Infact you need to take into account all maps. Close to the Atlantic ocean in Southern England (extreme South), people are lighter than in the rest of England therefore we can t split England into two parts but three. Southern England and Northern England are lighter than the center of England. This is more accurate!
I can also easily notice it in my app..."people around you" (thats not the name of the app btw)
 
Old 01-03-2014, 03:05 PM
 
831 posts, read 2,814,215 times
Reputation: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
Dutch people are definitely taller, but the difference is not significant.

What you are saying is just crap, sorry. You have carefully selected images to try and prove your (terribly misguided) point, but absolutely nothing with substance. Continue to live in your own fantasy world.
its not my fantasy world any person with two eyes can see the differences between the brits and dutch, of course I talk about people who traveled to those places and not speaking from baseless internet sources, and there are english people like P london who agree with my point for some reason..

as I explained before: french and english are a result of battlecamp of european looks... in result they arent in majority nordic or mediterranean looking but a blend of peoples. Dutch, Danish, north germans are nordic looking as a whole. thats the broad observation on the layman eyes.. no major research required.
 
Old 01-03-2014, 03:10 PM
 
821 posts, read 727,217 times
Reputation: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler86 View Post
its not my fantasy world any person with two eyes can see the differences between the brits and dutch, of course I talk about people who traveled to those places and not speaking from baseless internet sources, and there are english people like P london who agree with my point for some reason..

as I explained before: french and english are a result of battlecamp of european looks... in result they arent in majority nordic or mediterranean looking but a blend of peoples. Dutch, Danish, north germans are nordic looking as a whole. thats the broad observation on the layman eyes.. no major research required.

As a whole they are COMPLETELY different! I totally agree with it even if you have Nordic styles in the UK, France and Southern Germany!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top