U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-16-2010, 04:52 AM

7 posts, read 19,603 times

Advertisements

HI! Let's talk about cities near Moscow. This is a great opportunity to visit them if you're in Moscow.

I invite you in Mytishchi! It takes 15 minutes by car to get from Moscow to Mytischi.
Welcome to amazing city, to largest industrial and cultural centre of Moscow region. This place is filled of deep history, authentic heritage, variety of entertainments. The new investments gave opportunities for new constructions. Toyota Motor, New brewery, The Ice Arena - this is not all!
Let's discover the features of history and traditions!
I tell you how Mytischi got its name. City gets its name from "myt". It meant name of tax that were taken traders because this place had a great trade way.
Also here is a curious fact: firstly in Russia the water from Mytischi came to Moscow. It was first the plumbing. Today there is a funny and famous monument to that. This monument looks like a modern water supply system which is in every apartment. The monument located at the entrance to the city and cheer the guests and residents.

Now, golden autumn came. Among the newly buildings are hidden a wonderful natural places as within the city limits is Taininskoe village - the former residence of great moscow's princes: Ivan Grozny, king Alexey, Elizaveta and Ekaterina II.

The city is famous of handicraft The Zhostovo and Fedoskino. Zhostovo - the old handy painting trays. The productions of Zhostovo Decorative Art are fabulously more presentable today. They have a beautiful packing and are very popular for presents. But still every tray is hand-painted. Amazingly every artist leaves his signature on his artwork.

The citizen's life are included the concerts, shows, festivals. And early autumn the whole town celebrates feast City Day. Townspeople loves sport and events. Sure in Russia hockey is very famous. Ice Arena "Mytischi" won chance to met The Ice Hockey World Championship at 2007. We love to root for the "Atlant". It's our hockey team.

We have many museums of art, history, technology and ecology. You'll can find out more about Mytischi through our museums and attractions.

Come on to Mytischi and get joy of glad, snug and interesting life with us!
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2010, 12:34 PM

70 posts, read 135,518 times
They are frightened of Russia.

Old 09-28-2010, 01:04 PM

8,800 posts, read 22,783,014 times
Well I am not frightend of Russia, I rather like Russia. Of course it helps to speak the language at least decently, which almost no American will spend the time and effort to do.

Another town near Moscow is the "academ-gorod" of Obninsk, but you generally need a specific invitation to visit there. I have been there a few times and it was very interesting, a lot of nuclear technology there.

It's refreshing to visit Russia and get away from the common American "anti-intellectual" mindset, particularly in Obninsk it's "cool" to be an intellectual.

Old 09-29-2010, 06:25 AM

70 posts, read 135,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Mitch View Post
Well I am not frightend of Russia, I rather like Russia.
I know. Thanks!
But quiet part of foreigners are frightened of us.
Sometime I understand they, sometime don't.
But I know a lotta other countries more awfully than Russia.

Old 09-29-2010, 11:28 AM

606 posts, read 1,238,798 times
I like Russia too! I have been there once, in Moscow and St.Petersburg and I would like to see some more cities. I can understand that some people are a bit frightend, as many russians far away from the cities do not understand any language but russian and police officers often tend to "collect money" from foreigners.

They put out their tiny black and white stick and signalize you to stop, than tell you were driving too fast (even thats not possible with the old Lada) and give you a fine of 10000RUB. After a while you can agree with them to give them 500 and they let you drive away. After two miles, the next police officer is ready to pick up some money. This could be quite unpleasant for foreign tourists who cant speak russian.

Nevertheless, Moscow and St.Petersburg are two of the most beautiful cities I have ever visited. I would like to visit Kazan, Siberia, and other places some day. And I really enjoy flying with older russian aircrafts, they soo beautiful and exciting. Unfortunately, more and more TU-154 and TU-134 are replaced by Airbus and Boeing trash.

Old 09-29-2010, 11:43 AM

112 posts, read 172,363 times
Once my grandfather visited Russia. But somehow he got stuck at Stalin.... Volgograd.

Old 10-04-2010, 01:23 AM

7 posts, read 19,603 times
Thanks to all who took part in the discussion.

I know, Russia is not perfect. but there are many beautiful things.

There are people who are happy, no matter where they live - in the capital or after the Urals. They are glad they do. And for many, will be honored to talk about their native amazing land - a small piece of a huge Russia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe