Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2010, 04:34 AM

7,964 posts, read 11,800,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moskiter View Post
I live on Belmont & Laramie right now Plenty of Polish girls here, you can say right away which girl is Polish and which one is American. They just look different and dress different from Americans and most of them have Polish accent. There are many Ukrainian girls in this area too, often they speak so fluent Polish that it's hard to guess that they aren't Polish. Actually Polish is an universal language of all Slavic people in Chicago because Poles make up 7.3% of Chicago's population. My boss is Slovak and speak fluent Polish too.
you learn something everyday, i never knew that 7.3% of the chicago population were poles, thats a lot of poles, why are their so many poles in chicago, anyone know? and on the question i think males, and females for that matter, like foreign people, because, well its foreign to them lol and its a change from the people you see everyday at work, on television etc.

Old 11-26-2010, 07:18 AM

22 posts, read 44,988 times
But American girls are more "doabel"

Bye,

From Europe

Old 11-26-2010, 08:28 AM

5,806 posts, read 11,822,135 times
I don't have the same view at all of European women than elnina : for all their "class" (snobbishness, rather), most are cold, conceited, not very smiling (they smirk, rather), look down upon people who are not from the same social class/background, generally won't talk to strangers (probably because they are sooo "open-minded), are very self-centered,have a high opinion of themselves (superiority complex) and more often than you'd believe take antidepressants and suffer from frigidity. But "the grass is greener in Europe", I guess....

Old 11-26-2010, 10:11 AM

174 posts, read 371,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
I don't have the same view at all of European women than elnina : for all their "class" (snobbishness, rather), most are cold, conceited, not very smiling (they smirk, rather), look down upon people who are not from the same social class/background, generally won't talk to strangers (probably because they are sooo "open-minded), are very self-centered,have a high opinion of themselves (superiority complex) and more often than you'd believe take antidepressants and suffer from frigidity. But "the grass is greener in Europe", I guess....
Oh dear! Better luck next time!

Old 11-26-2010, 04:26 PM

5,882 posts, read 5,809,813 times
Quote:
Haven't had a lot of luck then?

Old 11-26-2010, 08:18 PM

7,646 posts, read 18,044,573 times
Pigeonhole is from France. That might color his image of European women

Really, I have the same view of young Latin American women I've met from Mexico, Colombia, Costa Rica, and Puerto Rico. They seem to have a sense of kindness, affection, and **femininity** that is completely lacking among local (Upper Midwestern) college-aged girls. Moreover, they seem to warm up to you faster in 5 minutes than a local girl would in 3 months. As a bonus, they are mostly Catholics.

I think the reason the OP thinks European women are so hot is because they are exotic to him. There is a world of differences between women (and men) in say, Finland, Greece, and the United Kingdom.

Old 11-27-2010, 07:48 AM

2,814 posts, read 6,399,167 times
Quote:
pigeonhole, something tells me the suppossed frigidity has more to do with you own personal experience, so to speak.

Old 11-27-2010, 09:34 AM

693 posts, read 1,598,111 times
The only thing I can safely conclude from this thread is that once again the "generalization bandwagon" is alive and well on C-D. It was still entertaining though.

Old 11-27-2010, 05:08 PM

382 posts, read 756,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballfreak View Post
I don't think walkable cities has anything to do with it. My city isn't exactly walkable yet we are in the top fittest cities in America.
Hmmm....America's plastic surgery at its best...

Old 11-27-2010, 08:16 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,131,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyscrapercrazy View Post
Hmmm....America's plastic surgery at its best...

Uh no. It's called lots of sunshine with lakes, beaches, hills, and mountains all close together!

I had taken a week off for Thanksgiving and this thread has really taken off!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe