Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2012, 03:36 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,024,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Caballero View Post
Britney was prettier as younger, still nothing outstanding to tell about back home, since there are millions of people in the world looking as pretty if not prettier. Nowadays britney is a different story she looks quite plain, the typical anglo plain face like the daughter of ozzy osbourne (I know they dont look much alike and the latter in much fatter, but I dont know if you get my point).
Hey, not all anglo's have a 'plain' face!!!

Old 12-12-2012, 06:14 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
I agree. Every people has an average face in the crowd. The Spanish are certainly no exception

Old 12-12-2012, 10:19 AM

599 posts, read 2,593,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anondragon View Post
Just saying...Some people here, I suspect mostly not Europeans , tend to think that Europe is a country with 99% blonde heidi klums walking around.

This is not the reality...
Like in any society there are lots of ugly or normal looking people aswell.
Very good looking girls are the exception not the norm like everywhere.

Also people here I think really underestimate weight and its role in beauty.
Take any model and make her over 100kg she will look BAD no matter her phenotype.

Having been in highschool in Europe, and also having been international student in California (where I went to lots of parties ), I can say American girls can be really as hot or better looking than EU girls.

But again it depends what you like.
I think people tend to like what they cannot have, hence Europeans dream of foreign girls, and Americans of the Swedish/Russian blondes. But when as a European you live among blondes all your life...They get very very boring and when you see latinas or even Southern American girls its like a breath of fresh air xD
LOL as if all europe was the same, mediterranean europe and balkans (bulgaria, romania, serbia, montenegro ,etc) are clearly mostly very brunette girls and/or dyed blondes. I guess you mean central/northern europe. I guess the thread is not about hair color, but the fact european beauty automatically beats american ones since the latter idealize the busty blond looks, which is far more common to happen naturally (at least central/northern europe) than in the US.

Old 12-12-2012, 10:22 AM

599 posts, read 2,593,266 times
Quote:
Not all, but certainly the majority.

Old 12-12-2012, 12:18 PM

1,160 posts, read 1,971,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montguy View Post
Why on Earth would any male want their female partner to be better than him in terms of intellect, income, "station of life," etc.? To me, that indicates that the (presumably adult) man in question wants a female to take care of him in some non-sexual and non-emotional capacity, which I consider to be completely and laughably antithetical to the nature of the male gender.
So if you've met a woman that would earn more then you or have a higher position in life or would be more intelligent than you, you'd feel offended, as a male? Or feel threatened? Sorry man, but that just shows lack of confidence in my book.

And what has this to do with the man wanting to be taken care of? A man can be perfectly independent and still have a relationship with a woman higher up the social/ intelligence scale. As if that would automatically imply that the man is some kind of weakling that has to be "taken care of". Don't be afraid to learn, even if you learn from a woman .

Old 12-12-2012, 12:24 PM

7,956 posts, read 11,845,946 times
Quote:
Well the majority of Spanish women are hairy with monobrows (1 large eyebrow)

They are not of course, but generalisations like that you make a habit of.

Old 12-12-2012, 03:54 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,683,382 times
Who cares why? Just enjoy it!

Old 12-13-2012, 03:19 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,024,262 times
Quote:
That is one of the most ridiculous things Ive read on this site!

Old 12-13-2012, 01:32 PM

1,442 posts, read 1,939,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondrood View Post
So if you've met a woman that would earn more then you or have a higher position in life or would be more intelligent than you, you'd feel offended, as a male? Or feel threatened? Sorry man, but that just shows lack of confidence in my book.
If I perceive a woman to be smarter and more affluent than myself, it would neither offend me nor make me feel threatened; rather, it would lead me to question what the nature of any potential relationship with her would be (i.e. might she believe that her life's successes relative to mine put her in a position of dominance in the relationship? Has she, perhaps, been completely defeminized in the professional/educational worlds that often promote androgynous dynamics between genders?).

It has nothing to do with a lack of confidence on my part--it's about preference, compatibility, and, I believe, nature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondrood View Post
And what has this to do with the man wanting to be taken care of? A man can be perfectly independent and still have a relationship with a woman higher up the social/ intelligence scale. As if that would automatically imply that the man is some kind of weakling that has to be "taken care of". Don't be afraid to learn, even if you learn from a woman .
Let's be honest here: when a woman seeks a man of higher income and/or social status than her, we can more or less accept that she's seeking a partner who can provide security for her (or take care of her, in other words), which is, whether you acknowledge it or not, a naturally feminine behavior, not a naturally masculine behavior. That's the point I was trying to make.

A man who wants his female partner to be of superior intellect, income and social status (remember, I'm saying superior, not equal) is not a "weakling" per se, but he should perhaps expect to be viewed as somewhat emasculated in the context of traditional views of gender nature. Western feminists despise theories that reinforce notions of natural gender differences, and that, in my view, is a problem.

And of course I can learn from a woman, but that's provided, of course, that she doesn't feel the need to bust my b*lls with "girl power!" chauvinism.

The last point I should make is that men and women needn't trivialize their differences in order to feel a mutual sense of equality and respect. Suppressing our nature as men and women is only going to build tension and frustration, not healthy relationships (and we in the West, first and foremost, need to come to terms with that).

Old 12-13-2012, 04:10 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
Quote:
That is one of the most ridiculous things Ive read on this site!
He says a lot of ridiculous things
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe