Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 11:33 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,625,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
What are French people really like ?

Conceited.
Scheming.
Just not to be trusted.
And hypocondriacs too: a recent poll showed the French were the most miserable out a panel of 61 countries, including-pray-Afghanistan!
Still haven't got that visa to anywhere but your idea of hell I gather... You certainly seem to fit the last one on the list. I have never met anyone who despises the place he lives so much and does nothing about it such as emigrating.

Nobody is forcing you to stay , I am sure you have options. Millions of people around the world emigrate, I am quite sure you can do it. It has to be better than living in what you consider just about the worst place on the planet , with the most evil , conniving, deceitful , untrustworthy miserable people on the planet . Honestly you are like a broken record. Just say bye-bye to France and make yourself happy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2011, 11:47 AM

225 posts, read 755,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
Still haven't got that visa to anywhere but your idea of hell I gather... You certainly seem to fit the last one on the list. I have never met anyone who despises the place he lives so much and does nothing about it such as emigrating.

Nobody is forcing you to stay , I am sure you have options. Millions of people around the world emigrate, I am quite sure you can do it. It has to be better than living in what you consider just about the worst place on the planet , with the most evil , conniving, deceitful , untrustworthy miserable people on the planet . Honestly you are like a broken record. Just say bye-bye to France and make yourself happy.

He might be happier in Iran or Pakistan. That said, he never said who conducted the "poll" or who was surveyed. Perhaps he only polled himself, and recorded the results.

Old 01-06-2011, 03:18 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,871,739 times
French are 'most miserable they've ever been' (but that won't stop Carla Bruni smiling) | Mail Online

So I didn't invent the aforementioned poll.

Why do I still remain in France ? I'm a civil servant , well paid, I don't want to start a new career all over again with 55. But as soon as I'm retired, I'll leave, like lots of Americans pensioners fed up with the rat race (same in the US and in France) who leave their country to enjoy a cooler lifestyle in Thailand, the Philippines, Mexico, etc.

Old 01-06-2011, 03:19 AM

1,094 posts, read 2,260,755 times
I've made several trips to France and even dated a French woman at one point.

I had a mixture of good and bad experiences in Paris including being blatantly ripped off by some service staff, being yelled out by a woman peddling touristy items on the Eiffel Tour. But away from the tourist areas, met some very friendly and helpful people. For example, my wife and I found a terrific restaurant in one of the quarters and got chatting to a few locals (my French is fairly limited but I am aways keen to at least try).

As a real general rule, the more friendly French people are younger, whereas the older generation are less hospitable. These are my assertions and much of it probably comes down to personal experience.

Old 01-06-2011, 09:24 AM

344 posts, read 462,468 times
The French tourists in Croatia mostly seem rude and arrogant (and don't speak anything other than French), but I have never been to France itself, so I don't have a finalized opinion of them.

Old 01-07-2011, 07:58 AM

69 posts, read 218,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purger View Post
The French tourists in Croatia mostly seem rude and arrogant (and don't speak anything other than French), but I have never been to France itself, so I don't have a finalized opinion of them.
Can give yourselves examples, facts?

Old 01-10-2011, 10:05 AM

52 posts, read 196,712 times
I cant say for all French people of course, there are always so many different ones as in case with other nationalities but I have french neighbours and theyre pretty nice people.

Old 06-22-2011, 05:28 AM

1 posts, read 3,545 times
Hi,

I am currently living in South West of France, and we actually evacuating ourselves from that place.

1. There is no job market ( do not come here if you are already do not have job)

They are respecting people with CDI ( Contract for work), it is OK to work for someone but it is not OK to own your own business. Owning a business is viewed as shameful.(You slave people to get rich )

2. Style of life is very slaw.( to do one thing you need to reserve two or more days)

Post offices are closed, shop are closed actually when you finish the work and you need to run errands.

3. People live your life. Due to no life excitement they feet on you. They are very judgemental.

4.Be extremely carrefour on the street;

Yesterday French woman frighten me and beat me up on the street just because she fought I did not stop on stop sign. I did. She approached my car and slap me on the face.

5. They are very racist here; any kind of nation is good just for temporary work on field, except that they a stupid, not educated and not deserving "to live here" (Thou American and English are favorite here)

6. I was accountant and my husband is graduated in Philadelphia Architect, work in Japan, California but.... neather of our colifications or diploma are valid or recoglized here.

7.It is shame to say but who do you know is important here, and you better know the right people.

8. Bureaucracy... do not get me started on that....

9. Heath care is good but , you have to pay for additional insurance to get coverage. Equipment is very old and dentist do not want to clean your teeth ( as long as your teach are not yellow from smoking there are considered to be white) AHa Make sure to ask for ceramic instead amalgamat ( you might end up with silver smile if you do not request that). Dentist ask for different rates according to who you are
make sure you do not pay dubble or tripple....

10. If you set up some business any way ....be ready for war with your clients They are only happy if they get services for free . Your client will be happy to drag you thru courts to get extension of payment or your services for free.

Old 06-22-2011, 06:30 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
Hey Mooseketeer, you forgot Carcasonne and Starsbourg, the entire Vosges area and Metz/Nancy, and Dijon.

Oh, how I love France.
Thanks for your posts (as always).

Old 06-22-2011, 06:33 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
The French seem sometimes friendly on the surface (not waiters or taxi drivers or railway employees or cops-the latter albeit is universal I'll admit ),- rather "talkative" than genuinely friendly though-but , for living and working 365 days in a year among them, I can vouch that it is very difficult to get actually intimate and have deeper relationships than low level formal curtesy.
Can't you say that about everyone, everywhere?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BramH View Post
Nothing against them in person, but I dont like the fact that they all (generalizing a bit here) only speak French and refuse to speak any other language even when in another country.
For a moment there, I thought you were describing most US citizens.
There's little difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe