Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2013, 11:23 AM

8 posts, read 38,685 times

Advertisements

Spanish women are pretty good looking in areas such as Andalucia and Valencia, however Barcelona women are so ugly, hehehe.
Good looking or gergous doesnt mean they are funny or happy, most of the ladies are feminist and in bad mood, lol.
Latin american ladies are much more funny and sweet.
Just my opinion
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2013, 05:23 PM

45 posts, read 74,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilt View Post
the typical stereotype of Spanish women is that the all look like models and spend all their time perfecting that image so i was wondering what are Spanish women really like and what is considered beautiful/ attractive in Spain. Also to pin point this analogy; what do Spanish men consider beautiful (do they judge both mind and body)
by Spanish we're talking about European Spain?

I love them! after my ex, I am on the hunt for a new one

Old 09-27-2013, 05:24 PM

45 posts, read 74,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weathermelon View Post
Spanish women are pretty good looking in areas such as Andalucia and Valencia, however Barcelona women are so ugly, hehehe.

Just my opinion
Catalan women aren't good looking lol I agree.

Old 12-31-2013, 03:33 PM

1 posts, read 6,752 times
Exclamation Spanish wife transformation

After a mild English mother, a Spanish wife can be a wake up call like a banshee wail in the wilderness. Long gone are the shores of mild manners and common sense. God help me if he can hear me here! And it is not good for the kids to have such holy Marias. They spoil them with junk food, which is the real everyday Spanish diet, very late bedtimes and TV galore. But they always shout and swear...I **** in the milk! etc.... for the little things. All this not only fits in with the traditions, but is their deliberate attempt to do homage to them, which means my criticism here is of a culture, not Spanish women as a sex. I am not being racist either, when I remind the reader that the difference between Spain and Africa is only a few miles.

Old 12-31-2013, 08:49 PM

78 posts, read 206,548 times
Spanish Women are pretty butch, harsh, calculating and cold, just like the sterotypical German woman but maybe even more so. If you're looking for sensual and passionate, look to Latin America.... not Spain.

Last edited by MontyEX; 12-31-2013 at 09:05 PM..

Old 01-30-2014, 04:26 AM

1 posts, read 6,634 times
Catalans are like all others, some pretties some ugly.. you can't generalize. Every woman is different but is true that normally in every country , and in Spain too there is a difference between north and south . and is true that southern girls in Spain are way more open or "friendly" as a general rule , maybe more social ? but compare sociability in Spain or any other South European countries with Nordic countries and you will see !!
Of course many men like blond girls like many women like blond guys in Spain.. we sometimes like what is "exotic " and non-common for us , but is true you can see many blond hairs and pale skin in Spain as well
I would say that we are quite feminine and coquettish and feminist and the religious thing is no longer in the people i have never met a friend or a person that goes to church in Spain ( not even my grandparents !!) but maybe in some rural areas can be some people still religious ..

Old 01-30-2014, 11:10 PM

2,702 posts, read 5,999,376 times
Latinas are better, I'm a Latina & I know plus the Spanish men loooove the Latinas :P

Old 01-30-2014, 11:26 PM

15 posts, read 57,970 times
Spanish women think that they are the best, even the ugliest ones will make you work hard to get something. Most of Spanish guys hate them because of that. They look at you like you are nothing. Then you move to another country or visit other country and realize that you are not the problem, is them!

Old 04-22-2014, 08:56 PM

2 posts, read 6,939 times
I've lived in Spain and Latin America - so I feel I can share my opinions on women from these parts of the world.

My take on Spanish women from Spain? Obviously one can't always generalize.... ah hell yes I can!

Here goes.

Behaviors:

Many Spanish women I've come across (in Valencia anyway) appear to be a bit stuck-up, cold and aloof. In the street, many won't even look at you. If you make eye contact with them, many will just maintain their 'poker-face' , play a 'straight bat' as you might say. If you catch their eye, some girls will blatantly look away or down as if they've been caught taking a quick look at you, but then want to compensate by showing disinterest.

I think many Spanish women think they are some sort of princesses, and that us men should fawn all over them. After a while of sussing this out, I stopped bothering to look at many of them as I passed them in the street.

There is a HUGE difference between Spanish women and Latinas. Latina women are generally much more flirtatious 'coquetas'. They make eyes at you and many love it if you give them a wink or even wolf-whistle. Latin America is still a land of 'machismo' - much more macho than in modern-day Spain IMO.

Many Latinas expect men to be forward and show that they find them attractive/sexy. In my time I've shouted 'hola guapa, preciosa, flaca, ojos bellos, mamasita' at girls in the street in South America (and chased a couple also). I wouldn't dream of doing that in Spain. No chance - as you'd make a fool of yourself with the Spanish 'señoritas' - many just wouldn't respond to that and would hate to be called 'mamasita' anyway. Many latinas girls would love it though! Same language, different cultures.

I find Latinas to be much more approachable than Spanish girls. I've struck up conversations several times, literally out of nothing with latina girls and talked to them very easily and in a friendly way. Latinas are definitely more affectionate and are better dancers - literally every latina can dance salsa - they have a great rhythm, and are not scared to show it!

Accents:

Some Spanish women can talk really butch (it sounds horrible - they can sound like men). They can also be very abrupt, although abruptness is a Spanish characteristic of both men and women in Spain. Latinas, IMO speak much more feminine and softer with the Latin American accent. The Spanish accent tends to be much harsher - except in the Canary Islands where the accent is much softer.

Somebody mentioned in another post, about the post-Franco era and how the role of women in Spain changed. I think that's a good point. Many modern-day Spanish women talk and behave almost like men - maybe it's a feminism thing. Some can come across as very bossy and opinionated. Not something that I personally look for in a woman. I guess a lot of Spanish men put up with being bossed around by their wives/girlfriends - or maybe they have big fights!

Looks/Physical:

Yes, Spain has a lot of beautiful women. Apart from brunettes with tanned skin, there a lot of fair-skinned blonde and brunette women also. For me the Spanishr eyes are their best characteristic, along with their legs and many girls have very sexy feet - feminine, well maintained, painted toe-nails which they proudly display in the summer months.

But Spain is one country, whereas Latin America is a continent. In Latin America there's more variety of women I think, due to the varying skin tones and ethnicity. Within each country of Latin America you can find blondes (rubias), chicas bronceadas (tanned), piel canela (cinnamon skin), morenas/trigueñas (darker skinned). If you like the more exotic looking women - Latin America is heaven really.

BODIES:

Latinas tend to be smaller-boned and a liitle shorter than Spanish women (not that the Spanish women are tall). IMO, where the latina excels is in overall body proportions. Latinas tend to have better hip-to-waist ratios - making them very sexy and sexually attractive. Generally, they seem to have curves in all the right places and have better asses than Spanish women. Spanish women are typically more slender and leggy. Neither Latinas nor Spanish women are known for having naturally big busts (although there are always exceptions) - I'd call it a draw on that one.

Conclusion: For me, Spanish women are a bit disappointing - especially if you've met sexy, passionate and affectionate Latinas in Latin America. Spanish women seem to talk (*** *** ***) a hell of a lot, and lack the fun and spark of their Latina counterparts.

Old 04-22-2014, 09:43 PM

8,070 posts, read 6,915,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilt View Post
the typical stereotype of Spanish women is that the all look like models and spend all their time perfecting that image so i was wondering what are Spanish women really like and what is considered beautiful/ attractive in Spain. Also to pin point this analogy; what do Spanish men consider beautiful (do they judge both mind and body)
They wear a lot eye make up, some look like domestic violence victims. They also tend to wear uncomfortable shoes like high heels and they care way too much about fashion. Not that Latinas are perfect either, many have more silicon that muscle tissue in their bodies.

It is true Spaniards curse a lot, they also smile less than Latin Americans but on average they are more direct. If they want something they will say "May I borrow X book? " some latin Americans will be like "oh you have so many books, I love your collection.OMG I just remembered I am so worried because I have this school project and I can't find enough material, I went to Barnes and Nobel but most books are over $20 and Amazon is out of stock. I don't know what to do. My teacher suggested I ask relatives if they might have books on that subject...Yes it is subject Z, but I don't want to bother you, you probablly are reading it".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe