U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-10-2011, 11:03 AM

52 posts, read 105,575 times

Advertisements

Theyre not my cup of tea hehe. Hot, talkative, loud...
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2011, 02:34 PM

265 posts, read 452,935 times
My first real girlfriend was Italian (from the island Sardinia/Sardegna). So i have really good memories on her ....those were the times!!!

When reading this post, I was thinking about some old story my mother told me:
It's about a nephew of my grandfather. He and his wife (imagine the sixties) went on vacation every summer. They had no kids, but money and time enough to travel in a period when few people made it to the Mediterranian.
Once they were on vacation in Italy. When back in Belgium, on a visit with my grandparents, my grandmother asked the man: "Tell me, is it true that Italian women are the most beautiful in Europe?" He answered: "Yes, it is true. They are the most beautiful from 15 to 25. When they become older, they look to much like their (Italian) grandmothers".

It is a generalisation, but his answer was not bad at all.

Old 01-12-2011, 02:44 AM

153 posts, read 150,871 times
Italian women are like women from most places, either hit or miss.

I live in Italy. I've seen women here that can pass for Scandinavian and I've seen women here that can pass for Greek or Turkish.

In my personal opinion the ones that look Greek/Turkish tend to be the prettiest.

Old 12-18-2012, 11:42 PM

113 posts, read 59,601 times
italian women are ugly

Old 12-19-2012, 12:39 AM

581 posts, read 1,215,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneakerfreak View Post
I live in Italy. I've seen women here that can pass for Scandinavian and I've seen women here that can pass for Greek or Turkish.
Based on this, I am going to assume you live in either Sicily or Calabria.

Old 12-19-2012, 06:51 AM

4,887 posts, read 3,210,053 times
i love everything about italy

Old 12-19-2012, 09:35 AM

14,755 posts, read 15,437,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneakerfreak View Post
I believe differently. Those are the endpoints you describe, and typically in the extreme north or the south. The reality is that the majority of them are light-skinned brunettes with nice facial features.

Addressing another post: They are hot how? They are slightly mercurial. They are loud? All Italians are louder than average. They are talkative? That's true, that makes the time go by faster.

Italian women run the gamut. The high maintenance type over there is just like her counterpart here, and easy to spot. The above-average one will interact with you more readily if you know the language, but there's no shortage of men over there that they need to consider a foreigner. As modernized and even somewhat Americanized as they've become, they ain't getting on the plane all that easily to move to Denver or Atlanta with you. I've met Italian women from Italy here and they really tend to stick to other Italian immigrants, or other recent Europeans. When over here, they're too different. If I'm over there, I'm able to have a conversation with them, but you also realize you live in two different worlds.

Italian-American women are the coolest in this country. Except for a couple of overly tough NY area b-itches, they are usually more direct, friendlier, and funnier than their counterparts of any other ethnicity. They're clearly American, but they have retained the wit, sarcasm, and humor that Italians view life with. I hope that doesn't wash out with subsequent generations.

Last edited by robertpolyglot; 12-19-2012 at 09:45 AM..

Old 12-19-2012, 11:13 AM

2,683 posts, read 5,763,213 times
Now that I've been living in Sicily for almost 2 years, I can provide some feedback. Italian women are gorgeous, some of the most beautiful ones in Europe if not the world, but they seem to be difficult to approach and date. Most Italian women give off the vibe that they know they are beautiful, and they have been put up on a pedestal by Italian men. From my experience overall, it seemed easier to date girls in Ukraine, Romania, or even Germany or England.

The language barrier was the main hurdle that made it difficult, as I had trouble learning the language other than a few basic phrases. A lot of conversations ended with girls saying "non ho capito".

Old 12-19-2012, 11:19 AM

607 posts, read 891,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Italians and Hungarians are amongst the HOTTEST women in Europe.
Hungarians yes, italians definitely not. Italians are more on the average zone, same for spanish women.

Old 12-19-2012, 11:22 AM

607 posts, read 891,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Then Northern Italy should be good for you....

but as for blonde blue eyed women: can't beat those Magyars
Northern italian women are mostly brunette, by a large extenct, yes there are more medium/light brown haired girls than in southern italy, but those are still considered brunettes in the northern countries. Maybe more women bleach their hair nowadays though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe