Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 03:47 PM

3,226 posts, read 6,636,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempranillo View Post
I´m from SE Spain, we cannot be racist against indians because we don´t have any indian here. But if you want we could be racist when you arrive if you are going to feel more comfortable.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAA!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2011, 04:02 PM

441 posts, read 1,326,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgamibi View Post
So the countries I really want to visit are Italy, Spain, France, Germany, Sweden, and Holland.

I have heard that in Italy (wanna go to the Southern part) and Spain, racism is a pretty big issue, Indian people are really hated there just as much as we are in the UK but I want your advice on it.

Oh and I am American in terms of nationality, I am just Indian by descent (ancestors were from India but I was born in the US).
Reminds me of a joke when guy is having tour though Hell, everyone is having good time there, but only christians are suffering and in pain... and when asked he's being told "Well, but they want it that way"

Racism as a tourist in Italy, I highly doubt it. Your language would be much bigger issue. English speaking persons are very rare in southern Italy outside of better hotels/resorts.

Old 01-19-2011, 04:52 PM

803 posts, read 1,264,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempranillo View Post
I´m from SE Spain, we cannot be racist against indians because we don´t have any indian here. But if you want we could be racist when you arrive if you are going to feel more comfortable.
Sure, go for it =)

I'll record it, alright?

Old 01-19-2011, 05:47 PM

815 posts, read 1,543,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eloy View Post
Has. I know public behavior. At once in a quiet town the crowd of local residents can gather and arrange pogrom. To expel.
If the police long doesn't send infringers.
The offended infringers speak about " rasism attack" When the police sends the infringers, the offended infringers speak about "racist police".

Old 01-21-2011, 11:51 AM

149 posts, read 358,361 times
Quote:
That is such a dumb statement because Indians = non-Whites
Which makes the nastiness towards non-whites that much more ridiculous. And yes, Europeans are both revered. Some may secretly hate, but a white man in that country will be far better of that someone who is not...even your average Indian.

Old 01-21-2011, 04:39 PM

803 posts, read 1,264,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLux2010 View Post
Which makes the nastiness towards non-whites that much more ridiculous. And yes, Europeans are both revered. Some may secretly hate, but a white man in that country will be far better of that someone who is not...even your average Indian.
I did not understand that last part

Old 08-21-2011, 10:22 PM

463 posts, read 1,129,428 times
the only European countries where you'll likely be suffering from racism are Eastern European countries. Not because they hate Indians, there are none, but because they look similar to gypsies, a very hated minority in countries like Bulgaria, Romania, Czech republic, Slovakia and Hungary.

If you visit these countries dress well and always repeat you're an Indian from the US, than people will be friendly.

Old 08-22-2011, 02:17 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,731,689 times
Quote:
So the countries I really want to visit are Italy, Spain, France, Germany, Sweden, and Holland.

I have heard that in Italy (wanna go to the Southern part) and Spain, racism is a pretty big issue, Indian people are really hated there just as much as we are in the UK but I want your advice on it.

Oh and I am American in terms of nationality, I am just Indian by descent (ancestors were from India but I was born in the US).
Why would people in Spain or Italy hate Indians? The only place where there is a certain lack of fondness of Indians is Britain, simply because they already have so many of them there.

Old 08-22-2011, 08:18 AM

2,053 posts, read 4,814,140 times
Gotta love the "I have heard that..." threads!

Old 08-22-2011, 08:53 AM

213 posts, read 865,183 times
The guy just asked a simple question. Why not answer it instead of questioning him back on his outlook of things?

To anyone who has ever experienced it, racism can be a very humiliating experience. Being singled out in a crowd, being taunted etc can break down a person. I used to be one who thought I could take it but the first time it happened to me, I felt so alone, so defenseless. I stood up to them but would avoid such a thing to happen in the first place.

In that regard, if the OP just wants to avoid any place where he can face such a situation, he has a very valid question.

For the records, I have been in Germany (Hannover, Frankfurt and Hamburg) and never faced any racism there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe