Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 09:39 AM

1,333 posts, read 3,223,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I don't see that as sad at all.
We have too many people on this planet and we're polluting ourselves to death anyway.
There are fewer jobs and resources.
You don't think it's sad that the Germans in Germany will be replaced by immigrants? It's not like Germany will just become empty, others will take their place and that is sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2011, 10:59 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,729,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadro77 View Post
You don't think it's sad that the Germans in Germany will be replaced by immigrants? It's not like Germany will just become empty, others will take their place and that is sad.
I wouldn't see it that dramatically. As long as it is friendly immigrants, no problem, immigration these days is quite strictly controlled. And the assumption that Germany and Europe as a whole will become Muslim are ridiculous. Muslims in Germany have hardly more kids than Germans and further immigration is limited, the situation is not like in Israel, where Muslims simply outbreed Jews.

Some regions simply do get emptier. Especially in the northern half there are many cities that have been shrinking for quite some time, and not because like in the US people are moving to the suburbs, they simply move to the southern half and a few other magnets such as Hamburg, where there are jobs. Or they have no kids and die out as families.

Old 04-01-2011, 01:33 PM

1,222 posts, read 2,278,069 times
Quote:
Today's Germans were not the first people in the area. That is just how things go... also, many immigrants are quite well adapted and some of them are probably more "German" than the Germans.
Demographics are a very difficult topic and they don't just change within a few decades usually. It is very hard to predict what the population of a country is going to look like in say 100+ years.

Old 04-01-2011, 01:50 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,334,174 times
There are two schools of thought:

Those who value cultural diversity and think nothing of the destruction of a culture such as Germany's.

Those who think that a single, world culture devoid of any variety is preferable.

Myself, I am of the former. I love traveling the world and seeing the different cultures, learning languages, eating different kinds of food, seeing how people dress and sind and pray (or not).

And most of all, after seeing everything that is different from myself, coming to the conclusion that there is more that unites us as humans. It makes the differences that much more cherishable.

Old 04-01-2011, 07:31 PM

415 posts, read 449,438 times
Quote:
NO?

Ughhh @ the guy who said "today's Germans weren't the first ones there". Give me a break. This is getting so old. There was EVERYWHERE someone already there. And the Dinosaurs were the first anyway

Old 04-02-2011, 08:02 PM

12,946 posts, read 13,325,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallbanger View Post
NO?

Ughhh @ the guy who said "today's Germans weren't the first ones there". Give me a break. This is getting so old. There was EVERYWHERE someone already there. And the Dinosaurs were the first anyway
Yep, I'm sure the Wooley Mammoths were annoyed when the Asian immigrants began showing up in North America 13,000 years ago.

Old 04-02-2011, 08:11 PM

5,921 posts, read 13,847,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Yep, I'm sure the Wooley Mammoths were annoyed when the Asian immigrants began showing up in North America 13,000 years ago.
Yep, they looked at each other, then one mentioned ... there goes the neighbourhood ...
They all left, and none are there now ...

Old 04-04-2011, 08:22 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,269,927 times
Quote:
That's what happens.
There were people here before it was Germany.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe