Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 04:08 PM

3,980 posts, read 8,988,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommie2mine View Post
Thank you I think I want to live out of the city from what I have been researching it cost less to live out and commute in..I also want to send the kids to an Irish school so that they can get much more out of this stay in ireland..Do you have any suggestions of good areas and places that we can look into staying that has schools in the immediate area and all of that
Can't help you on Dublin since I'm most familiar with the other side of the country, but I'd highly recommend the "Educate Together" schools. They are non-denominational charter type schools, more open to diversity and I've found the teachers to be very motivated and kind. Some of the National Schools can be a bit old fashioned and Catholic centric in their teaching styles (which may/may not suit you). There may also be Irish immersion programs here also depending on where you are living..

Educate Together

This website is also very helpful for parents with resources for childcare and message boards etc.

Rollercoaster.ie > Home
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2012, 07:36 AM

1,650 posts, read 1,546,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommie2mine View Post
Thank you I think I want to live out of the city from what I have been researching it cost less to live out and commute in..I also want to send the kids to an Irish school so that they can get much more out of this stay in ireland..Do you have any suggestions of good areas and places that we can look into staying that has schools in the immediate area and all of that
Look up places like Palmerstown and Luca. Right next to the Phoenix Park and close to the M50 and on the M4 where all the buses go right into the city center from the suburbs. Liffey Valley is very close which is a shopping center or mall as you call it. Right on the Strawberry Beds where you can go for a run and walk the dog(you know, all the typical things you would do living in the suburbs). Check it up and the local schools but you would have to put your kids names down for the Irish schools early enough. When I was a youngster my name was on the list for the Irish school I went to since I was born so apply soon. Anything else.

Old 04-29-2012, 06:45 AM

1 posts, read 1,855 times
[FONT=Calibri]Trinity is a very easy commute from Malahide on the DART( Electric train) service which is comfortable and very regular and leaves you 2 minutes walk from Trinity. It is much better than taking a bus which is also available. In my opinion Malahide is the best place to live in Dublin particular if you have kids. It would not be the cheapest place to live in Dublin but the extra money would be worth it. There are more clubs and facilities in Malahide within two square miles than anywhere else in Ireland. I am originally from south Dublin but when I returned from abroad I decided to live in Malahide because it has so much for me and the kids; two sailing clubs, GAA club, football club, golf club, international cricket club, rugby club and the largest Sea Scouts in Europe. The schools are very good, 3 primary schools, and one secondary school. The secondary school is hard to get into but if you live in Malahide they will try to take your kids. Be sure that the place you rent is acknowledged by the schools as being in the area. Do not believe what the renting agent tells you[/FONT]

Last edited by Malahideisfun; 04-29-2012 at 06:45 AM.. Reason: spelling error

Old 05-30-2012, 08:50 PM

1 posts, read 1,798 times
Hi There, I'm moving to Dublin (from Canada) for a couple of years with my family. We're interested in residing Malahide. Can you please tell me more about Malahide? I'm interested in understanding how far it would take to walk from the Seabury area to the village/Main St./DART train station area. From looking online, it would appear that homes in the Seabury area are more plentiful and cheaper than homes closer to the village. Is there a preferred area to reside within the Malahide area itself? We're interested in renting a home/apt. I'm aware of the www.daft.ie website. There doesn't seem to be a lot to choose from when it comes to Malahide family home rentals (within my criteria). Is this property website highly reflective of what is available or on the market? Also, would you be able to recommend car sales companies in Malahide/Dublin? We're interested in purchasing a used vehicle. Another question...can our North American electronic equipment (e.g. television, toaster oven) be used Dublin? Finally, can anyone comment upon the international schools in Dublin -- Sutton Park School or St. Andrew's College? Just wondering if these are good/recommended schools? I'm aware that St. Andrew's College is in Blackrock.... Is it better to live in Malahide than Blackrock? You can see that I have a lot on my mind these days... Thanks in advance for your sharing your thoughts 'n suggestions!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe